Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Facebook is the best way to reach a lot of anti-gun people. People who value the 4A don't use Facebook.
    Absolutely. We should be choosing a less effective way to reach fewer people. Maybe we could send out telegrams.

I am curious how a non-governmental entity violates our 4th Amendment rights.

FB, in many ways, is a mess, but there are many groups that are run very well and it is still an effective means to reach many people.

In terms of the resolution, I think it is the best one I have seen. Considering that most of them are just virtue signaling or pandering for votes, this one at least offers something tangible.
    Last edited by SteveS; 01-13-2020 at 03:07 PM.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    And that is part of it. Another major portion is all of the "friends and Family" that know things, but don't have the conscious "filter" not to talk about it in public, nor do they realize that public media is PUBLIC.

All of the rest of that is just hyperbole, where the power comes from is of little significance. The level of privacy is a personal choice, until you open it up to public media, of the type that IS the Book of Face. The rest of what has been thrown up is not accessible without breaking laws.
    The power part is biased on privacy. You don't want any one to know anything, provide your own power.
    Just an example of how silly it is in today's world to scream about privacy, but yet have an online foot print.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The power part is biased on privacy. You don't want any one to know anything, provide your own power.
    Just an example of how silly it is in today's world to scream about privacy, but yet have an online foot print.
    Plugging into the power grid is a necessity for most people, choosing to spew your info all over a hardcore liberal bias run organization such as fake book is something fairly easy to avoid.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Absolutely. We should be choosing a less effective way to reach fewer people. Maybe we could send out telegrams.

FB, in many ways, is a mess, but there are many groups that are run very well and it is still an effective means to reach many people.

In terms of the resolution, I think it is the best one I have seen. Considering that most of them are just virtue signaling or pandering for votes, this one at least offers something tangible.
    Talking about reach, our forums member list is currently 20,683. The FB 2A sanctuary page has over 73,000. We need reach.

Our FB page has 10,570 likes/members
    MOC has 10,000 likes/members
    MCRGO has 28,210 likes/members

This ONE FB page, in less then a month, has more reach then ALL 3 of the main grass roots groups put together.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    I never said that.
    Congratulations, you are now a victim of the prevalent reading comprehension problem on these boards.

Talking about reach, our forums member list is currently 20,683. The FB 2A sanctuary page has over 73,000. We need reach.

This ONE FB page, in less then a month, has more reach then ALL 3 of the main grass roots groups put together.
    These numbers are useless without a comprehension of the demographics behind them.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User

How many of those people are in Michigan? How many of those people are pro 2a? Is that group good or bad for the pro 2a cause?

These numbers are useless without a comprehension of the demographics behind them.
    People say there is no such thing as bad publicity, I don't agree. As is constantly demonstrated on this site even people who claim to be pro gun and pro 2a rarely can agree on what that looks like.

Congratulations, you are now a victim of the prevalent reading comprehension problem on these boards.

Considering that I wasn’t the only person with this query makes it clear that you are the one with the comprehension problem or that this was more of an expression problem.

I figured that a FB post would surely get you riled up.

As for the numbers, it is hard to say at this point. I am sure that there is no shortage of trolls that signed up for that page, but It is hard to completely ignore the numbers.

At this point, much of that group is a crap show, to use a more polite term. It is too big and there are too many things being posted to keep up with. However, I have seen some glimmer of hope in that there have been some people stepping forward on the county level to work on coordinating some local advocacy.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    How many of those people are in Michigan? How many of those people are pro 2a? Is that group good or bad for the pro 2a cause.
    People used to say MOC was bad for the cause, but in recent years have done more then most other groups.

As for how many are pro 2a, or in MI, I say it doesn't matter if it can help open eyes. There are antis on this site, there are also out of state (and I believe out of country) members here, but I'm not hearing the same concerns from people.

Reach is important, and the leadership on the page is working to get it under control, and it is working day by day.

People used to say MOC was bad for the cause, but in recent years have done more then most other groups.

As for how many are pro 2a, or in MI, I say it doesn't matter if it can help open eyes. There are antis on this site, there are also out of state (and I believe out of country) members here, but I'm not hearing the same concerns from people.

Reach is important, and the leadership on the page is working to get it under control, and it is working day by day.
    I really hope they can get it under control because I do believe there are people in that group that genuinely want to learn.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast