Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In Memoriam Forum User

Design of AR-15 could derail charges tied to popular rifle

Design of AR-15 could derail charges tied to popular rifle

https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/d...-popular-rifle

MGO Board of Directors

I saw that yesterday. I've always found it funny that they can classify a hunk of metal "a firearm" when it takes SO many more parts to make it actually fire a bullet.
    So do you re-classify it as a hunk of metal or do you keep it classified as a firearm in order to stop felons from piecing a gun together at their leisure?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Tagged

Joe

I am a Forum User
    I still don't understand what the article was trying to explain. It's no different than any other gun. SOME part has to be considered the gun. Look at a Sig P320, it's the removable trigger mechanism. Some Benelli shotguns, it's the upper/barrel combo. Same with Ruger Mk pistols.

[QUOTE=JohnS624;3175852]I still don't understand what the article was trying to explain.

Since an AR lower doesn't meet the Federal definition of a firearm people can't be charged with possession.

MGO Member
    One more example of how messed up the gun laws are in this country. The fact that people are challenging it makes me smile.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    So wait, at that point, we should be allowed to purchase lower's, the same as uppers? No paperwork and shipped to our front doors, right? They're saying it's not a firearm.

I am a Forum User
    In research, it appears the courts have ruled that if it can't shoot it's not a firearm. In Michigan a lower receiver or the SIG trigger are not firearms in any way. If it can't expel a projectile it is not a firearm.

I am a Forum User
    Although I disagree with all firearm laws, I wish people would have left this issue alone. It's only going to make things worse for law abiding citizens if they change the law. The way the law is currently worded, it supports the lefts agenda concerning "loopholes" in gun laws that allow criminals to acquire firearms. Ultimately if this subject gains momentum, they're going to make our lives even harder. People who are stocking up on lower receivers may also need to stock up on uppers as well, since they may eventually serialize both. I need to get a hold of both and some 80% lowers before this gets out of control.

I am a Forum User
    At least the article was pretty well written and had accurate facts!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast