Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation Warning about MGO user SWMP15 aka 313Tactical Cerakote aka Sergio.

I really didn't want to post this. I've been using Sergio for YEARS since he started in a little back office on 8/Beech Daly. He's done a LOT of work for me, and has always been good to me, but now I've had an absolute horrible experience with him that has made me decide never to use him again, but also to warn MGO about possible issues you may face if you do use him.

I dropped my Hellcat and CP33 off to him a while back. He said 2-3 weeks, it took about 2-3 weeks and they both looked great. I went to pick them up, CP33 was perfect, Hellcat has issues. The magazine was incredibly stiff to remove. It felt like it was jammed, like something was seriously wrong so I left it there.

I texted him a few times over two weeks and he kept saying he was working on it. Then he texted me saying "I'm sending it back to you, it won't get much looser. He tried to tell me "it was normal and it's supposed to be like this" so I had to go online, find a video of someone using a hellcat, and show him that the mags drop free. He told me he'd figure it out. This was...early december, the 1st or second. 10 days later he told me he'd have it figured out with a day or two or send it to Springfield to have them figure it out.

8 days after that I texted him and he said "After christmas I'll get you a new one or something if I can't figure it out by friday".

Finally, on the 27th (almost a month later) he fixed it. He says he put the wrong base plate on the wrong mag and that was causing it to get stuck. He shipped it back to me.

I get the gun back, another issue. The 11 round mag is missing the metal plate that goes between the base plate and the spring, meaning the plate doesn't lock in, meaning it's useless. Springfield doesn't sell these mags, so after arguing with Sergio for a week about whether or not he lost parts he agrees to paypal me money to buy a new mag, once they're available, which won't be for a few months. I still have a 13 round mag, it's annoying, but I can still carry and shoot it.

So I take this gun to the range (friday), happy I got it back, super excited.

5 rounds down range, trigger dies. Wtf? I rack it a bunch of times, I get it to fire one more round. Not cool.

I text sergio, no answer.

I take it apart the next day, notice that there's no pin in the rear trigger housing for the disconnector or disconnector spring. The disconnector is just kinda sitting there, popped into where it goes but wobbling around. This is causing the trigger to die out and not fire half the time.

The ONLY WAY to get the pin and spring out, are to take the trigger out. The ONLY person who's ever removed the trigger, was Sergio. I bought the gun brand new, took it to the range once, and dropped it off at his house. I never even took the slide off of the gun to clean it in the week I had it.

I text him about this issue. No answer.

I called springfield, they said I'll have to send it in, BUT since the guns are brand new they won't have parts available for it to repair it for 5-6 MONTHS. I texted him again and at this point just asked him to take this one and replace it with a new one. 2 months since I first dropped my Hellcat off to him for Cerakote, it's non-functional, and I won't be able to get it functional for another 5-6 months PLUS pay Springfield to fix it? That's absurd. A

A few days go by, he replies with a long message that basically boils down to "It's not my problem they can't get parts, you must have lost the parts, if it was lost it wasn't here". How do I lose parts, that require you to remove the trigger, when I STILL HAVEN'T even taken the slide off the gun? I took it to the range as soon as he gave it back to me, i noticed he greased the rails so I didn't even take the slide off to put an oil on them.

So basically I paid this guy to Cerakote my new gun, and now he lost parts vital to it's function and is telling me to screw myself. I'm out the money for the cerakote, I'm out of my gun for 6 months, and I'm out whatever the hell Springfield is going to charge me to fix it since they already said it won't be warranty repaired.

It saddens me that I have to break off a relationship with someone who I considered not only a great cerakoter, but also an actual friend for the last 6-7ish years since he first started working on my guns.

Stay away from 313Tactical, it's not worth the headache.

As a side note, if anyone knows of any cerakoters (preferably who can do themed stuff and not just solid colours) in the Detroit area (or within an hour) that allow firearm drop offs, and who want my business, please PM me or comment here with their info. I have two projects sitting in my safe right now I'd like to get done here soon.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to him probably replying to this and coming up with a bad excuse on how my parts magically got lost.

~ Mike

I am a Forum User
    Hate to be that guy but Im not shocked. He did one gun for me a few years ago before he disappeared and the turn around time and quality was not what I expected. If I remember correctly one of my pins on top got broken during the cerakoting process and replaced with one from another gun that didn't fit flush. I ended up having to replace it before ultimately selling the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Hate to be that guy but Im not shocked. He did one gun for me a few years ago before he disappeared and the turn around time and quality was not what I expected. If I remember correctly one of my pins on top got broken during the cerakoting process and replaced with one from another gun that didn't fit flush. I ended up having to replace it before ultimately selling the gun.
    Honestly, I am shocked, but also kinda not?

I've had small issues in the past, brushed it off because we were friends. He told me 2-3 weeks on my scorpion, took 2 months, THEN told me that I gave it to him without a safety screw. I brushed it off because it looked really good. Years ago he lost the screws that went into the top of my shotgun where you attach the rail. I just bought new ones for cheap, didn't say anything.

This is just way out of line though. I have to buy a brand new Hellcat now, so I can actually use and carry the gun I love, and then in 6 months when I get replacement parts from my cerakoted one I have to sell one of them. It makes no sense.

Oh well. Live and learn.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Honestly, I am shocked, but also kinda not?

I've had small issues in the past, brushed it off because we were friends. He told me 2-3 weeks on my scorpion, took 2 months, THEN told me that I gave it to him without a safety screw. I brushed it off because it looked really good. Years ago he lost the screws that went into the top of my shotgun where you attach the rail. I just bought new ones for cheap, didn't say anything.

This is just way out of line though. I have to buy a brand new Hellcat now, so I can actually use and carry the gun I love, and then in 6 months when I get replacement parts from my cerakoted one I have to sell one of them. It makes no sense.

Oh well. Live and learn.

I'd give Danco411 a shout. http://www.arclightprecision.com/

I haven't personally used him as I stopped getting cerakote after Sergio, but Ive seen nothing but good things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    I'd give Danco411 a shout. http://www.arclightprecision.com/

I haven't personally used him as I stopped getting cerakote after Sergio, but Ive seen nothing but good things about him.
    I talked to Danco, he does great work but he said that his main business is so busy that he rarely does cerakote anymore, and the stuff he does still do on his spare time is the basic one colour stuff and nothing fancy.

I might have to start sending my stuff to BlownDeadLine. The owner is a psycho who got banned on MGO but he does incredible work and I haven't heard of him damaging anyones guns and refusing to pay for it...lol

I am a Forum User
    Check out Odin's Workshop. They do some pretty nice work over there.

Sorry to hear your long time relationship went to crap Your CZ looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    I talked to Danco, he does great work but he said that his main business is so busy that he rarely does cerakote anymore, and the stuff he does still do on his spare time is the basic one colour stuff and nothing fancy.

I might have to start sending my stuff to BlownDeadLine. The owner is a psycho who got banned on MGO but he does incredible work and I haven't heard of him damaging anyones guns and refusing to pay for it...lol
    A blast from the past:

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...=1#post2684090

Hopefully you can find someone that's does good cerakote and reassembly.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    I second Odin's Workshop. They do amazing work! I wouldn't go anywhere else. If I could figure out how to attach a picture of their work I would... Check out their Facebook page.

MGO Member
    Sounds like you got a raw deal. Also kinda makes you wish you’d left a perfectly good gun alone and just used it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbbb14 View Post
    I second Odin's Workshop. They do amazing work! I wouldn't go anywhere else. If I could figure out how to attach a picture of their work I would... Check out their Facebook page.
    Looking at their FB as I type this, going to send them a message here in a bit. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Check out Odin's Workshop. They do some pretty nice work over there.

Sorry to hear your long time relationship went to crap Your CZ looked great.
    Sergio does great work. But screwing up someones gun and refusing to make it right, can't justify giving him any more business.

I will check Odins Workshop, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    A blast from the past:

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...=1#post2684090

Hopefully you can find someone that's does good cerakote and reassembly.
    Oh damn, I forgot about that!

Yup not using Blown Deadline, thanks for the reminder!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast