Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NICS Epic Fail

I am a Forum User

NICS Epic Fail

So, Im helping my 18 year old son in law with his first AR build. We go to the store to get the lower receiver, and the guy grabbed the wrong one from behind the counter. It was more money than we had, so I said "No, thats the wrong one, the lady we talked to on the phone said you had two in stock for 70 bucks." The salesman said to me, are you the buyer of the firearm. I said, "No, he is", pointed to my son in law. I said, "He did some work for me and all he has is the 80 bucks I gave him". The salesman said that he couldnt sell him the lower.. I asked "Why not, Im not buying it, and neither of us are prohibited persons." He told me that if I wanted to leave and come back tomorrow, he could sell it to me, since he knew that I hand the money, and then I could gift it to him in the parking lot if I wanted to. Then it hit me. I told my son in law, "Ok you heard the guy, I can give you a GUN, but I cannot give you MONEY?!? WTF is that stupid **** all about!?!"
    Just wanted to share the ridiculousness and the ineffectiveness of the NICS check and the laws that go with it, but not against any criminals.

Enjoy the stupidity fellas.

I am a Forum User
    So....what does this have to do with NICS?

By law your son-in-law can't buy that lower anyways from a dealer. Instead the dealer is instructing you to complete a straw purchase.

But yes the laws are ridiculous, but I'd be careful what you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns N Glory View Post
    So, Im helping my 18 year old son in law with his first AR build. We go to the store to get the lower receiver, and the guy grabbed the wrong one from behind the counter. It was more money than we had, so I said "No, thats the wrong one, the lady we talked to on the phone said you had two in stock for 70 bucks." The salesman said to me, are you the buyer of the firearm. I said, "No, he is", pointed to my son in law. I said, "He did some work for me and all he has is the 80 bucks I gave him". The salesman said that he couldnt sell him the lower.. I asked "Why not, Im not buying it, and neither of us are prohibited persons." He told me that if I wanted to leave and come back tomorrow, he could sell it to me, since he knew that I hand the money, and then I could gift it to him in the parking lot if I wanted to. Then it hit me. I told my son in law, "Ok you heard the guy, I can give you a GUN, but I cannot give you MONEY?!? WTF is that stupid **** all about!?!"
    Just wanted to share the ridiculousness and the ineffectiveness of the NICS check and the laws that go with it, but not against any criminals.

Enjoy the stupidity fellas.

Ummmmm...You have to be 21 to buy a stripped lower receiver from an FFL.

What gun store is this?

The FFL can't legally sell him one or you're both committing felonies, and the fact he told you to come back tomorrow and buy it for your son from him is also a felony...

You should...never go back to this FFL and tell your son to buy a used AR15 on Armslist since he's 18.
    Last edited by somecrazygreek; 01-14-2020 at 03:00 PM.

MGO Board of Directors

That damn NICS.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Tagged
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    That damn NICS.
    Yep......

MGO Member
    I'm with the other members, how is this NICS? I could see FFL fail.

As others have also said I would avoid this dealer.
    Patriot Wholesale Direct LLC - FFL Dealer
    40 Engelwood Dr Ste A Lake Orion, MI (M-F 10am-5pm) - PWDGuns.com - ( 248 ) 481-7083
    $20 FFL Transfer - Guns@PatriotWholesaleDirect.com - Contact us for a quote on a new gun!
    Glock Stocking Dealer & Glock Blue Label Dealer • $20 Transfer Fee

I am a Forum User
    So an FFL followed the law, and you blame NICS?

Makes just as much sense as your other thread about "selling" all your guns to your friend because of a PPO you had or whatever debacle it was.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Ummmmm...You have to be 21 to buy a stripped lower receiver from an FFL.

What gun store is this?

The FFL can't legally sell him one or you're both committing felonies, and the fact he told you to come back tomorrow and buy it for your son from him is also a felony...

You should...never go back to this FFL and tell your son to buy a used AR15 on Armslist since he's 18.
    Ok, why not? An AR-15 is a rifle lower. He is 18 and able to legally purchase a rifle from an FFL.

This was at Williams Gunsight in Davison./

And I was thinking about having him pick up a lower from Armslist. Anyone got one for sale in Oakland County? 80 bucks is my cap until the first of the month.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast