Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by red442joe View Post
    ^^^Define here?

Joe
    Staying in mineral about 40 miles north, I’m in Ashland a suburb of Richmond right now
    Heading downtown later this evening

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by red442joe View Post
    I will not be going.
    However, midlandshooter and wsr, how can
    I/we help you?

Joe
    I’m good we have 4 guys 2 trucks and a full trailer.... but help VCDL if you can they are gonna be in for a fight for a long time I think

I am a Forum User
    Okay,
    Thank you, guys.
    Be safe!

Joe

I am a Forum User
    Organizers appeal Virginia rally gun ban; 6 now arrested
    RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A gun-rights group has filed an emergency appeal of a judge’s ruling upholding the Virginia governor’s ban on firearms at a pro-gun rally that’s expected to draw thousands of gun activists to the state Capitol on Monday.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League and Gun Owners of America sought an injunction against the ban, but Judge Joi Taylor ruled Thursday that Gov. Ralph Northam has the authority under state law to take action related to “the safety and welfare” of the state. The group’s lawyers then turned to the Supreme Court of Virginia.

“Without relief from this court, petitioners and thousands of other rally participants will be irreparably denied their right to bear arms,” the groups’ attorneys argue in their appeal.

It was not immediately clear when the court would hear the appeal.

In her written decision, Taylor cited rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court and other courts that found the Second Amendment right to bear arms is not unlimited. Because of that, she wrote, the gun-rights groups would not “suffer an irreparable harm” sufficient to justify the injunction.

The judge’s ruling came hours after the FBI in Maryland announced the arrest of three men who they said were linked to a violent white supremacist group known as The Base. The three men were believed to be planning to attend the rally in Richmond, according to a law enforcement official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity to discuss an active investigation.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    The judge’s ruling came hours after the FBI in Maryland announced the arrest of three men who they said were linked to a violent white supremacist group known as The Base.
    Four more arrested today (supposedly linked by the first three's cell phones.)

The thing that gets me is that the news keeps reporting that these guys "discussed" going to the rally.

So.
    Have.
    We.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post

The thing that gets me is that the news keeps reporting that these guys "discussed" going to the rally.

So.
    Have.
    We.
    we're all criminals now.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

So.
    Have.
    We.
    If that is all they have on those guys, it is a clear violation of the 1st amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    He was right before,and he's right now!

President Trump: Virginia Proves Again Democrats ‘Will Take Your Guns’

On January 17, 2020, President Donald Trump pointed to the gun control situation in Virginia, noting that it proves once more the Democrats “will take your guns” if voted into office.

He made this point amid the all-out war on guns by Gov. Ralph Northam (D) and the newly elected Democrat majority in the state legislature.

Your 2nd Amendment is under very serious attack in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia. That’s what happens when you vote for Democrats, they will take your guns away. Republicans will win Virginia in 2020. Thank you Dems!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 17, 2020
    Virginia Democrats started this week intent on passing legislation allowing a total ban on the ownership of AR-15s and similar guns, but they dropped the confiscatory bill after thousands of NRA members flooded the hallways outside state Senate offices.

Yet the Democrats are still pushing an “assault weapons” ban that would only allow AR-15 owners to keep their rifles if they agree to obtain a license from the state police. Democrats are being open about their intention to use the licensing process to form a database listing information of AR-15 owners.

They are also pursuing a ban on “high-capacity” magazines, a ban on suppressors and certain aftermarket triggers, and other gun controls.
    Name:  Trump-Fist.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  78.3 KB

I am a Forum User

So.
    Have.
    We.
    Depends on what they discussed:

Men discussed opening fire at pro-gun rally in Richmond, say officials

Three suspected neo-Nazis who were arrested this week in Maryland and Delaware discussed opening fire at a scheduled pro-gun rally Monday at Virginia's state Capitol, according to local law officials.

Three other men were also arrested in Georgia this week and have been linked to the same group as the men who allegedly planned the attack at Virginia capitol.

All six of the men are believed to be connected to a violent, white supremacist group called "the Base," The Wall Street Journal reports. The Georgia trio was arrested Wednesday for conspiring to murder a Georgia couple.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    Depends on what they discussed:
    That's true.

That's the first report that I've seen that they intended harm. Corroboration will determine if we can believe that it's true or not.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast