Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Joined some time ago, just recently started to become active.

Hello all,

I joined the MGO a few years ago, then thanks to life and elder care, didn't have much time to be on here. I live in Howell, on 10 acres, and my wive and I enjoy the solitude it offers, or at least, it used to. I used to shoot a bit on our property. After the subdivision sprung up next to us I stopped. For one, out of an abundance of safety I haven't wanted to risk ANY chance of a stray round, what with 250+ new houses and families, etc. Second, I didn't want to give any new neighbors who may also be ya-hoos the idea that if they hear gunshots close by that they can shoot into the woods off their back deck. Now I shoot at Peacemakers, a nice little indoor range, and am looking to join a local outdoor club since I have a bit more time on my hands.

You may notice a number of ads I'm placing. I used to collect, mainly vintage C&R WWII stuff. I've started to sell it off little by little. Most of it has been safe queens for the past 25 or so years. I'll be posting a bit more in a couple of days. I also posted for sale various ammo which I later learned didn't work well in my firearms. Most all of that is already sold, and met some great club members in the process face to face already!

How did I learn about MGO? Of all things, I was selling a brand new hot tub cover, and advertised it on Craigslist. The gentleman, a sheriff's deputy from Macomb purchased it. While talking about various topics he mentioned the MGO site. And yes, I did own a 66 Bonneville until two years ago. I was at a car show and a couple approached me. I didn't want to sell it but they offered me a ridiculous amount of money for it, so off it went.

Thanks for the opportunity to be part of a great group!

I am a Forum User
    Welcome to MGO!

You might want to consider joining the Howell Gun Club. It's a private, non-profit organization. Our ranges in include an 8 position indoor heated & ventilated 50 foot and 10 yard outdoor pistol & small caliber (both with retrievable target systems), 100 yard rifle, 300 yard rifle (w/backers at 100 and 200 yards), trap, 5-stand and four (or is it five?) brand new IDPA bays. For $125 per year (no "per hour" BS), it's great club. The website is at howellgunclub dot org. Basic info and membership info can be found there, although I've been told that the site is going to be update very soon.

I'm a home-based FFL right there in your neck of the woods, about a mile from the HGC. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Scoop

Greetings from Imlay City "Gateway to the Thumb",

Home of Vlasic Pickle.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Welcome to MGO!

You might want to consider joining the Howell Gun Club. It's a private, non-profit organization. Our ranges in include an 8 position indoor heated & ventilated 50 foot and 10 yard outdoor pistol & small caliber (both with retrievable target systems), 100 yard rifle, 300 yard rifle (w/backers at 100 and 200 yards), trap, 5-stand and four (or is it five?) brand new IDPA bays. For $125 per year (no "per hour" BS), it's great club. The website is at howellgunclub dot org. Basic info and membership info can be found there, although I've been told that the site is going to be update very soon.

I'm a home-based FFL right there in your neck of the woods, about a mile from the HGC. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Scoop
    Thanks Scoop! I'll send you a PM...

Name:  th.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  12.9 KB

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Name:  th.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  12.9 KB
    Thanks! Great avatar pic, btw.

MGO Board of Directors

Welcome. It is great to have you.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.