Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Louisiana does not have any form of gun registration or any "BG" checks that are not Federal law.
    New Zealand does not have any form of gun registration. After the big shake up, they are licensing owners, but there is now a law to "turn them in", but they don't know who have them.
    Red Flag protection orders also happen in places without registration in place. They just include in the order to confiscate all firearms in the persons' possession.

There are only about 5 States that have any form of gun registration at all.

And the DRAMATICALLY lower crime rate in those states prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that registration makes everyone SAFER.

MGO Member
    Louisiana does not have any form of gun registration or any "BG" checks that are not Federal law.
    New Zealand does not have any form of gun registration. After the big shake up, they are licensing owners, but there is now a law to "turn them in", but they don't know who have them.
    Red Flag protection orders also happen in places without registration in place. They just include in the order to confiscate all firearms in the persons' possession.

There are only about 5 States that have any form of gun registration at all.
    Look up Katrina, and find out that local law enforcement went door to door and confiscated weapons "for their safety". They were sued in federal court over rights violations, and lost. Many weapons were locked in precincts that flooded and people lost their firearms.

https://gunowners.org/guns-confiscated-during-katrina/
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    The article also continued the lie that registration doesn't lead to confiscation, and the NRA are peddling falsehoods.
    The truth lies in a minimum of six words i.e. hurricane Katrina, new zealand, red flags. All verified instances where registration is/was directly used for confiscation.
    Look at what you posted. Look at what I responded. Registration was not a factor in those instances.

Look up Katrina, and find out that local law enforcement went door to door and confiscated weapons "for their safety". They were sued in federal court over rights violations, and lost. Many weapons were locked in precincts that flooded and people lost their firearms.

https://gunowners.org/guns-confiscated-during-katrina/
    There is no question that illegal confiscation took place during Katrina. Yet the fact remains that Louisiana does not have registration, so registration was not a factor in those confiscations. Nor in any of the other places you claim as an all inclusive statement.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Look at what you posted. Look at what I responded. Registration was not a factor in those instances.

There is no question that illegal confiscation took place during Katrina. Yet the fact remains that Louisiana does not have registration, so registration was not a factor in those confiscations. Nor in any of the other places you claim as an all inclusive statement.
    They don't have registration, and yet they knew just where to go? They didn't go to every single home, which tells me that they have a way to 'KNOW' who had what?
    You know what I'm saying, but split hairs if you want, as I'm done with this.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

They don't have registration, and yet they knew just where to go?
    They didn't know where to go, other than they were ordered to "force" evacuation in particular areas that were still in danger from damaged levies.

They didn't go to every single home, which tells me that they have a way to 'KNOW' who had what?
    There is another of your misguided perceptions. They DID check every home/house/store/shop for the presence of people, in the areas that they were ordered to evacuate. They were not breaking into every house and stealing things. That would have been prosecuted as looting, and those charges were never made against the searchers.

You know what I'm saying, but split hairs if you want, as I'm done with this.
    I know what you are saying, it is also very obvious that you read too many conspiracy theory blogs.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12