Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In Memoriam Forum User

Question Mounting a Trijicon 1X4 Accupoint to an AR15

I'm researching mounting options for putting a Trijicon 1X4 Accupoint scope on an AR15. The gun has a Magpul MOE fixed rifle stock, a flattop upper with a picatinny rail on the hand guard. I think a cantilever mount will be best to keep the mount on the receiver and off the hand guard. I'm keeping the mount low as I don't have iron sights or any kind of cheek riser.

I've narrowed it down to a LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT104. Any pro's or con's? Suggestions, something I'm not considering?

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ount-qd-lt104/

I am a Forum User
    I've had great luck with LaRue mounts over the years. You should have no issues.

I might question if the 1-4 is adequate for your AR, but not knowing the caliber or anticipated usage range, I won't. But IMHO, a 1-6 or 1-8 is ideal for many of the most common AR15 calibers.

Larue also make some of my favorite AR triggers (MBT, both in single stage and 2-stage, and in straight or curved bow, for $80 or less per trigger group.

MGO Member
    I had an Accupoint 1-4 on a LT104 mount and it worked fine for me. I had an opportunity to try one of the “higher” mounts and I found it more comfortable. So, I went to an American Defense Recon - H Scope Mount. The LT-104 is 1.5” above the rail, the AD Recon -H is 1.93” above the rail. LaRue makes a higher mount, but it was on back order when I decided to make the switch. American Defense is a solid mount and the company backs their product 100%.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I've had great luck with LaRue mounts over the years. You should have no issues.

I might question if the 1-4 is adequate for your AR, but not knowing the caliber or anticipated usage range, I won't. But IMHO, a 1-6 or 1-8 is ideal for many of the most common AR15 calibers.

Larue also make some of my favorite AR triggers (MBT, both in single stage and 2-stage, and in straight or curved bow, for $80 or less per trigger group.
    It's a 5.56 and I'll typically be shooting at only 50-100 yards, plinking, target, etc. The scope has a German 4 reticle with a green dot. I have to try the stock trigger before I change it, it might be fine for my needs. I've had a few LaRue items in the past and the fit and finish was flawless.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mitommy View Post
    I had an Accupoint 1-4 on a LT104 mount and it worked fine for me. I had an opportunity to try one of the “higher” mounts and I found it more comfortable. So, I went to an American Defense Recon - H Scope Mount. The LT-104 is 1.5” above the rail, the AD Recon -H is 1.93” above the rail. LaRue makes a higher mount, but it was on back order when I decided to make the switch. American Defense is a solid mount and the company backs their product 100%.
    What stock were you using and was your cheek weld OK with the taller mount?

I am a Forum User
    I went through my Larue phase for about a year after I purchased an early OBR in .308 can't even remember what year that was.

Have several of those mounts and love them on everything. Rock solid.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    It's a 5.56 and I'll typically be shooting at only 50-100 yards, plinking, target, etc.
    The 1-4 will easily work for that.

MGO Member
    I use a MagPul CTR stock. I find the cheek weld is fine for me. It’s actually more comfortable. I don’t feel like I’m bring my eye down to the scope. I find it real nice for 3 Gun type match shooting as well as target shooting from 50 - 200 yards

I am a Forum User
    The Larue is a great choice, I use the higher 1.93 model with the Triji 1-4...

In Memoriam Forum User
    What offset would be best with the TriJi 1-4?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast