Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Self Assembled Pistol and RI-60 Question

So I just built a 8 inch barreled 300 blackout pistol with a AR lower that I purchased separately a year or two ago. The lower now has an attached SBA3 Tactical brace.

Now that it is assembled, it certainly meets the definition of a pistol in Michigan.

Two things. I know I have to fill out a RI60 registry copy to register it. Under sellers info, I heard I will put "Self Assembled". Is this correct?

Second, for overall length, do I measure from the end of the barrel, or is the muzzle device to the end of the buffer tube?

Thanks!

I am a Forum User
    You don't fill out anything. You can't legally complete the RI-60 for self assembled pistols. The "seller" and "buyer" are legally defined and separate entities. You can't be both.

Measure in shortest operable configuration, which means brace and flash hider removed. End of buffer to end of barrel.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks. So you are saying that this does not have to be registered with MSP? How does that work if I ever wanted to carry concealed in a backpack or vehicle? I have a valid Michigan CPL.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mofeen View Post
    Thanks. So you are saying that this does not have to be registered with MSP? How does that work if I ever wanted to carry concealed in a backpack or vehicle? I have a valid Michigan CPL.
    Your CPL suffices as the license to purchase.

Michigan doesn't have registration, we have a transaction record database. Pistols do not have to be registered in Michigan unless a transaction between a buyer and seller takes place in state.