Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Renewal - 5 Days - Online

Hi, Just an FYI for CPL holders in Oakland county

I received a letter from Oakland county stating that my CPL needed renewing. In the letter they gave me a renewal pin # to renew online.
    I logged into the the Michigan.gov site on 1/20, filled out the online form, and paid the $115 fee.
    New CPL arrived in the mail today 1/25. Total of 5 days.
    I was initially going to drive to Pontiac and renew in person but decided to try the online renewal expecting it to take weeks.
    I will probably do the same again in 5 years time.

I am a Forum User
    when was your renewal date? Mine is Aug 1.. Waiting for pin so I can do same in Oakland county. Thanx

I am a Forum User
    January 31

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    when was your renewal date? Mine is Aug 1.. Waiting for pin so I can do same in Oakland county. Thanx
    MCL 28-425l
    Quote Originally Posted by MCL 28.425l
    (1) A license to carry a concealed pistol, including a renewal license, is valid until the applicant's date of birth that falls not less than 4 years or more than 5 years after the license is issued or renewed, as applicable. The county clerk shall notify the licensee that his or her license is about to expire and may be renewed as provided in this section. The notification must be sent by the county clerk to the last known address of the licensee as shown on the records of the county clerk. The notification must be sent in a sealed envelope by first-class mail not less than 3 months or more than 6 months before the expiration date of the current license. Except as provided in this section, a renewal of a license under section 5b must be issued in the same manner as an original license issued under section 5b. An applicant is eligible for a renewal of a license under this section if his or her license is not expired, or expired within a 1-year period before the date of application under this section. Each applicant who submits an application for a renewal license to a county clerk under this section shall pay an application and licensing fee of $115.00 by any method of payment accepted by that county for payments of other fees and penalties. No other charge, fee, cost, or assessment, including any local charge, fee, cost, or assessment, is required of the applicant except as specifically authorized in this act. The applicant shall pay the application and licensing fee to the county. The county treasurer shall deposit $36.00 of each fee collected under this subsection in the concealed pistol licensing fund of that county created in section 5x. The county treasurer shall forward the balance remaining to the state treasurer. The state treasurer shall deposit the balance of the fee in the general fund to the credit of the department of state police.
    <-- snip -->

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    I expire Aug 1. want to renew Feb 1 (6 month before). waiting for pin will it come soon ??.

I am a Forum User
    got it. 3 to 6 months before.thanx

I am a Forum User
    times sure have changed