Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    After all these years, I seem to have missed this part of the law.
    Where can I find it?
    I missed this also
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Shoot the moose on Isle Royale, not feed them to the wolf.
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

MGO Board of Directors

After all these years, I seem to have missed this part of the law.
    Where can I find it?
    Here's just one quick example:

Sec. 2.1 Unless otherwise specified in this order, a person shall not do any of the following:
    (3) During the five days immediately preceding November 15, transport or possess in an area frequented by deer a
    rifle or shotgun with buckshot, slug load, ball load, or cut shell. A person may transport a rifle or shotgun to or from a
    hunting camp if the rifle or shotgun is unloaded and securely encased or carried in the trunk of a vehicle. This section
    shall not prohibit a resident who holds a fur harvesters license from carrying a rimfire firearm .22 caliber or smaller
    while hunting or checking a trap line during the open season for hunting or trapping fur-bearing animals.

For more, check out MCL 324.43510
    Last edited by Jackam; 01-28-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    450 feet from dwelling. I just purchased some property and when i started the process i was looking at 10 acre parcels. Well almost every parcel i looked at you effectively could not hunt on more than half the property because of this. I understand that there probably needs to be some distance. I know i would not want to get woke up by a shot a few feet from my bedroom window on a nice november morning. I dont know hat the answer or distance should be, but 450 feet is an awful long ways.

PS i ended up buying 21 acres in montcalm and still cant hunt on the one corner of my property......

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by alcoholbanshee View Post
    450 feet from dwelling. I just purchased some property and when i started the process i was looking at 10 acre parcels. Well almost every parcel i looked at you effectively could not hunt on more than half the property because of this. I understand that there probably needs to be some distance. I know i would not want to get woke up by a shot a few feet from my bedroom window on a nice november morning. I dont know hat the answer or distance should be, but 450 feet is an awful long ways.
    This post begs the question - why is it legal and OK to target shoot within 450 feet but not hunt within 450 feet?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    This post begs the question - why is it legal and OK to target shoot within 450 feet but not hunt within 450 feet?
    Target shooting brings up visions of a stationary target & substantial backstop while hunting envisions snap shooting at moving targets with no regard for whats beyond.

Target shooting brings up visions of a stationary target & substantial backstop while hunting envisions snap shooting at moving targets with no regard for whats beyond.
    I won't credit those that write these laws with any level of critical thinking that would differentiate between different forms of shooting.

I would give full credit towards the the concept of just killing an animal at a distance that someone could clearly see everything that happens. Don't forget, the "dwelling" owner can grant permission, and has the right on his own. A touchy/feely thing, not a logical one.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User

PS i ended up buying 21 acres in montcalm and still cant hunt on the one corner of my property......
    Did you try securing written permission from your neighbor? I hunt from a fixed blind on my neighbors property closer than 450' from his house (more like 300'), but I've had written permission for the last 15yrs or so. He trust's my judgement and we have never had an issue. Get to know your neighbor's and see if they have a problem with it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Did you try securing written permission from your neighbor? I hunt from a fixed blind on my neighbors property closer than 450' from his house (more like 300'), but I've had written permission for the last 15yrs or so. He trust's my judgement and we have never had an issue. Get to know your neighbor's and see if they have a problem with it.

I have not yet, but i will try. I bought the property towards the end of deer season. I have talked with that particular neighbor once and it was positive, but didnt want to push it. He did give permission to go retrieve a deer if shot, so that is great. I figure when up there some day plinking i will bring it up and offer the same.

I am a Forum User
    I have not yet, but i will try. I bought the property towards the end of deer season. I have talked with that particular neighbor once and it was positive, but didnt want to push it. He did give permission to go retrieve a deer if shot, so that is great. I figure when up there some day plinking i will bring it up and offer the same.
    Keep working on it slowly, get to know him, and also see if he'll keep an eye on your property when you're not around, and he will see that you trust him too. I have a couple of neighbors down the road from my cabin that has to drive by it to get to the main road, and they call or text when they see something out of the ordinary.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast