Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by pkuptruck View Post
    wouldn't the recourse BE Prop G ?!?!?
    Prop G was passed in 1996. This allowed the NRC and the Legislature to form a Dove season (PA 160)

The Dove Referendum (Proposal 3) was voted down by voters 2:1 nullifying PA160. The people have spoken.
    Out of state donations brought in over two million dollars to to lobby against the dove season (most notably by the Humane Society.) Compare that to the 25K that MUCC was able to give and the 600k that another org. raised. We were outspent.

If I were an advertising company, I'd lobby like hell to get this issue reopened. That's a lot of mullah!

There is some talk of giving it another shot. MUCC passed a resolution dealing with new seasons on sand hill cranes and doves. Timing is everything.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    There is no sane reason not to.
    I agree.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Shooting from a vehicle on your own land shouldn't be illegal.
    Last edited by oldmann1967; 01-28-2020 at 08:15 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Major thing is getting rid of the "shotgun zone". Science has proven that the reasons for it are 100% false.

Extend the deer and Elk seasons to several months.

This is the case in many states. 2 months rather that 2 weeks is common.

Don't increase the number of tags... just the time. This promotes hunters going after larger older animals.... instead of feeling like they have to shoot what they see in their limited few days of hunting.

I am a Forum User
    I'm with most others here: make the entire state open for all rifles during deer season, or at least make sensible decisions for the limited firearm zone and allow all straight wall cartridges so I can use my 500 Nitro Express on deer. Joking aside, it really baffles me how they use this stupid 1.8" case length rule like it means anything when you have stuff like 460 S&W Magnum which out of a rifle is pretty much equal to a 450 Marlin or hot 45-70. Then you have 350 Legend which is literally nipping at the heels of a 30-30 Winchester. If you're going to make silly laws like this then at least have some understanding of ballistics so things make sense, but really when has that stopped them.

I am a Forum User
    Fall turkey tags on public land. Would be nice to have that tag in my pocket while deer hunting.

The NRC/DNR should only regulate firearms while actually hunting(caliber/rounds) The Mi legislature(MCL) should legislate all other firearms issues, eg transport rules, etc.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by ltcnav View Post
    The NRC/DNR should only regulate firearms while actually hunting(caliber/rounds) The Mi legislature(MCL) should legislate all other firearms issues, eg transport rules, etc.

I've never been able to figure out why it's legal to carry a loaded rifle intended for self defense in front the state capitol, yet if that same guy was walking down a two track on his daily hike, he'd be breaking a law.

Might have something to work with here.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post

I've never been able to figure out why it's legal to carry a loaded rifle intended for self defense in front the state capitol, yet if that same guy was walking down a two track on his daily hike, he'd be breaking a law.

Might have something to work with here.
    After all these years, I seem to have missed this part of the law.
    Where can I find it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast