Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping ammo

I am a Forum User

Shipping ammo

Had some gun parts to ship,went to shipping depot to check prices and get boxes,boy is that high now,they use ups fedex and dsl,told them one wood need extra fee for ammo,there eyes got big,and told me the big three got togather and will not ammo anymore, it sounded like only dealers,am i late to the game or is this new, or misinformed JUST did a search found you may have to take a copy of the rules,to make them do it,they may not know or be willing to do it.something you may come across be prepared
    Last edited by boer; 01-27-2020 at 10:13 PM.

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    You don't need to be a dealer to ship ammo. You can ship ammo through FedEx or UPS as long as the box is marked "ORM-D" and underneath that "Cartridges, Small Arms" and you take it to a UPS or FedEx shipping hub. You cannot ship ammo through USPS. I don't know what DSL's rules are for ammo as I've never tried shipping through them.

In Memoriam Forum User

Required lable for shipping small arms ammunition.

I think the label was changed several years ago. Every now and then I still see the blue ORM-D label being used, but most of the time the new B&W symbol is used.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    I love that meme!
    Mebbe he's keyboard-challenged or gots Shrek fingers.
    Good on him for givin us a heads up about ammo-phobic
    shippers.

Joe

Does the horse get a vote?

MGO Member
    I had no problem shipping ammo via UPS last year. I did go to a hub though and not a UPS store.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    I think the label was changed several years ago. Every now and then I still see the blue ORM-D label being used, but most of the time the new B&W symbol is used.
    I've noticed most shippers using the black and white one as well. I saved a box I got ammo in and shipped some other ammo I was getting rid of to someone using that box and it had the B&W label. UPS asked me to write in "Cartridges, Small Arms" when I dropped it off. Not a big deal but I found it kind of odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammz View Post
    I've noticed most shippers using the black and white one as well. I saved a box I got ammo in and shipped some other ammo I was getting rid of to someone using that box and it had the B&W label. UPS asked me to write in "Cartridges, Small Arms" when I dropped it off. Not a big deal but I found it kind of odd.
    What's funny is if I go to the local UPS drop off and ask what markings I need, they'll tell me: "We can't tell you what markings you need, you have to call into the hazardous goods line and find out. We can only tell you if it's wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    I had no problem shipping ammo via UPS last year. I did go to a hub though and not a UPS store.
    Always thought that was required - you can ship by UPS pickup or by dropping off @ UPS counter - no UPS Store, drop boxes, etc.

Here is the pertinent UPS URL: https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...mmunition.page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast