Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping ammo

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    Always thought that was required - you can ship by UPS pickup or by dropping off @ UPS counter - no UPS Store, drop boxes, etc.

Here is the pertinent UPS URL: https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...mmunition.page
    Mostly correct. They want you to believe it has to be an in person drop but Properly labeled your ammo package can be dropped of at a UPS hub, given to a driver or dropped into a drop box-I’ve personally done all 3 many times.

UPS branded (franchise) stores, shipping/packing/labeling depots, stores that ship UPS etc are all a no-go.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Mostly correct. They want you to believe it has to be an in person drop but Properly labeled your ammo package can be dropped of at a UPS hub, given to a driver or dropped into a drop box-I’ve personally done all 3 many times.

UPS branded (franchise) stores, shipping/packing/labeling depots, stores that ship UPS etc are all a no-go.
    I did a trade on another forum involving ammo. Never had a problem shipping ammo from my local UPS hub here in Muskegon. Bring my package there one morning. Closed. WTF. Talked to a driver he said they are open from 6-9PM now but get here early cause he has seen people standing in line. I arrive there at around 6PM nobody around door locked. Another WTF. Caught another driver rolling in he said ring buzzer on side door. Female employee opens door I walk in she asks how can I help you sees my package and tells me this UPS facility no longer accepts packages for shipping. She tells me to take it to one of the worthless UPS stores. I told her I can't its ammunition. She just shrugs her shoulders and walk away.
    Real great service from this place. Got no answers from many fone calls to UPS either. Finally got my ammo shipped through FedEx which was another PIA. Never had a problem with properly labeled ammo. until just recently. Not messing with it anymore.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty1 View Post
    I did a trade on another forum involving ammo. Never had a problem shipping ammo from my local UPS hub here in Muskegon. Bring my package there one morning. Closed. WTF. Talked to a driver he said they are open from 6-9PM now but get here early cause he has seen people standing in line. I arrive there at around 6PM nobody around door locked. Another WTF. Caught another driver rolling in he said ring buzzer on side door. Female employee opens door I walk in she asks how can I help you sees my package and tells me this UPS facility no longer accepts packages for shipping. She tells me to take it to one of the worthless UPS stores. I told her I can't its ammunition. She just shrugs her shoulders and walk away.
    Real great service from this place. Got no answers from many fone calls to UPS either. Finally got my ammo shipped through FedEx which was another PIA. Never had a problem with properly labeled ammo. until just recently. Not messing with it anymore.
    Their employees need to be educated on their own policies. Print off the link referenced previously and have them read it, if they still refuse, ask for a supervisor.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12