Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Pietta transfer bar question

I've got a peacemaker replica in.44 mag, it's now gone thru 2 transfer bars and I rarely shoot it.
    I've got an extra bar lying around, but is there a replacement hammer that would eliminate the bar altogether? I'm newer to western guns but I wish I knew how much annoyance these would be prior to getting one.
    Thanks for any help on the matter guys, your always the best place to turn when in need!

Marketplace Moderator
    The factory inspectors had too many wine breaks the day this gun was made? Take the gun to Doug Jones and have him make a transfer bar out of quality steel. He works wonders as a gunsmith. Good Shooting, MOOSE

Having a quality transfer bar made would probably cost you the same (or less) than having the frame modified to take a traditional SAA hammer. I’m not a smith, but I’d imagine for the Pietta to accept a traditional hammer the firing pin channel would have to be re drilled and cha****ed. The action itself may need modification to function without the transfer bar in its assembly as well.

While Pietta aren’t of superb quality, I’m surprised to hear that even replacement parts are failing as well.

I am a Forum User
    Wow I imagined a hammer that had a larger striking head could be installed