Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Gun Control Push Widely Rejected

Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Gun Control Push Widely Rejected

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    February 2nd. 2020

Michael Bloomberg’s Super Bowl gun control ad was rejected by NRA members and top Democrat strategists as well.

The ad cost Bloomberg $10 million and it pushed gun control in response to the 2013 shooting death of 20-year-old George Kemp.

Bloomberg’s ad did not mention a September 27, 2013, Houston Chronicle report that Kemp was shot just around midnight after allegedly pulling into a Richmond, Texas, neighborhood, calling an individual on his cell phone, and challenging him to a fight.

The ad’s purpose was to push gun control, period, and negative responses to the ad came quickly.
    NRA members, gathered at the Great American Outdoor Show, responded to Bloomberg by explaining that he has no say in the way they exercise their Second Amendment rights, especially when it comes to defending their own lives.

An NRA member observed, “Mike Bloomberg is a white billionaire who has no place in telling me how I can defend myself or my loved ones.”

And a mother named Ashley Boop flatly rejected Bloomberg’s push as well. She said, “As a mother of three-year-old little boy, my family means everything to me. As a woman, I believe the best way to protect myself is with a firearm.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/blo...d-gun-violence

"A statistic immediately appears on the screen: "2,900 CHILDREN DIE FROM GUN VIOLENCE EVERY YEAR." The number is not attributed to any source.

However, a recent report from the Bloomberg-founded group Everytown for Gun Safety came up with that same number -- but only when it included teenagers ages 18 and 19 in the calculation. Bloomberg's advertisement makes no mention of older teenagers and suggests that the statistic is referring to younger children only. Washington Free Beacon reporter Stephen Gutowski found that once adults were removed from the calculation, the number dropped by nearly half.

Additionally, court documents from a Texas state appellate court reviewed by Fox News show that the victim referenced in the advertisement, George Kemp, was 20 years old at the time of his death."

How many of those "children" were 18 & 19 year old gang bangers killed on the streets of Chicago, Philly or any of the other Democrat ran war zones in this country, Little Mike?
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User

FactCheck.Org: Bloomberg’s Gun Control Commercial Is Misleading

FactCheck.Org published a breakdown of the statistics presented in Michael Bloomberg’s Super Bowl gun control ad and found many of the claims to be misleading.

Breitbart News reported the ad is framed around the 2013 shooting death of 20-year-old George Kemp. The ad uses Kemp’s death to bolster calls for more gun control but does not mention a Houston Chronicle article that says Kemp was shot after allegedly pulling into a neighbor and challenging someone to a fight.

FactCheck.Org points out that Bloomberg’s commercial about instituting gun control in order to keep children safe, with George Kemp’s mom quoted saying, “Mike’s fighting for every child.”

However, Kemp was 20 years of age at the time of his death and, therefore, not a child. But Bloomberg’s use of Kemp’s death explains how the ad claims, “2,900 children die from gun violence every year.”

FactCheck.Org explains Bloomberg’s “children” moniker does include those who are old enough to vote, join the military, etc. They report, “It does include many 18- and 19-year-olds who also were legally considered adults in most U.S. states — not ‘children,’ as the ad claims.”

FactCheck.Org notes that when 18 and 19 year-olds are removed from the equation the number of deaths drops “by nearly half,” or just below 1,500. And they point to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention findings that show that only 792 deaths of 0-17 year-olds were homicides, and even some of those were justifiable gun uses. Thirty-nine percent were were suicides–i.e., not gun violence deaths–and 88 were unintentional.