Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Bingo.
    There's no such document other than a sales receipt that says you "own" it.
    A license to purchase, or RI-060 says you had it... once... but like that cheerleader next door, others might have had her too!

Find a new dealer.
    Not to further the argument or play devil's advocate, but even that only says you just owned it at one time. What if it was sold to a friend and you stole it from him? Fact of the matter is if there's no reason to suspect it's stolen and you're not a prohibited person from owning a firearm, it's legally owned.

Another thing is that when the dealer takes the gun in like that, the dealer needs to complete a RI-60 with himself as the purchaser. If the gun was stolen, I'm sure the person trying to trade it in would not want to go through the process at all.

I am a Forum User
    So... Whatcha sellin?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    If the gun was stolen, I'm sure the person trying to trade it in would not want to go through the process at all.
    While I agree with the premise of this statement, I'm 100% positive there are criminals in need of quick drug money that would attempt to do something like this. Yes it would be a stupid move, but alas isn't that how many criminals are caught, by making stupid decisions?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    While I agree with the premise of this statement, I'm 100% positive there are criminals in need of quick drug money that would attempt to do something like this. Yes it would be a stupid move, but alas isn't that how many criminals are caught, by making stupid decisions?
    More than likely they'd try a shady pawn ship or the street before going to a legitimate gun store.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Depending on what you have, I may be interested if you don't mind the drive.
    - 2 Gen 3 Glock 19s, a few holsters, 1 with green CT laser grip, 1 with TLR-3 light/laser (full disclosure, 1 is in my wife’s name)
    - Black Kahr PM9
    - Pink/silver Kahr PM380 (in wife’s name)
    - Ruger LCP with CT laser grip (in wife’s name)
    - NAA baby size 22 revolver, not sure what the actual name is (in wife’s name)
    - HK P2000SK (maybe, might keep this one)
    - HK P30 with night sights (maybe)
    - Several quality (mostly Raven Concealment) holsters

Also a few long arms:
    - LMT M4 style AR15 with SOPMOD stock w/ about a dozen mags
    - Schultz & Larsen single shot bolt action .22 target rifle (maybe)
    - Maverick 88 pump 12ga
    - 2 Schmidt Rubin K31’s

If you’re interested in the bulk of it, Brighton isn’t too far but I wouldn’t make the drive to sell 1-2.

Follow up question, I assume I need to know 100% which are in my name and which are in hers?

Thanks

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaxPlayer View Post

Follow up question, I assume I need to know 100% which are in my name and which are in hers?

Thanks
    Based off other replies, there is no legal need to prove ownership of these firearm's, so we have no way of knowing what exactly you will need to prove ownership. Sounds like that's a requirement of the dealer you're trying to trade them to. I would find another dealer, or sell them private party. But, if you insist on going this route, I think your best option is to get the dealer to tell you exactly what "proof" they want to see for each pistol. After all, they're requiring this, not state law, so they can ask for any type of proof they want. Maybe they'd take a napkin with something scribbled on it stating you own these firearms, and a signature? Bottom line, you're going to have to figure this out with the dealer requesting the information.

I am a Forum User
    The follow up question was supposed to be addressed to the dealer I was replying to. I’m probably not going back to the other shop.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaxPlayer View Post
    The follow up question was supposed to be addressed to the dealer I was replying to. I’m probably not going back to the other shop.
    Well, either way, it'll be up to the dealer you trade with to determine what paper work they do or don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    Well, either way, it'll be up to the dealer you trade with to determine what paper work they do or don't want.
    The FFL does have a minimum that they need to meet.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    The FFL does have a minimum that they need to meet.
    With respect to ownership?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast