Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Auto Ordnance 1911

I'm having a hard time researching the history of Auto Ordnance 1911s. I seen that sometime in the 1950s Numrich Arms owned the company and in 1999 Saelio Enterprises (parent company of Kahr Arms) bought and currently owns them which are currently manufacturing new ones. I seen some stuff about West Hurley and that Numrich bought Auto Ordnance again in the late 70s. Of course because of the popularity of the 'Tommy Gun' most of the stuff I can find are about the model 1927A1 tommy gun.

I would like to know when Auto Ordnance started making 1911's. What year did Numrich buy them and did Numrich own them until Saelio Enterprises bought them in 1999. If anyone might possibly know this information, I would love to know.

I have an opportunity to buy one at a good price. Seller says it's a 1993 manufacture so I am interested to see what the company was like and who owned it during that period. I have found some pretty bad reviews of these 1911's. I'm willing to take a risk mostly because its a great price and I really like to look of a older worn 1911. I would love to hear opinions of the value of a 1993 Auto Ordnance 1911 Government blued with a lot of holster wear.
    Last edited by december1979; 02-06-2020 at 08:10 AM.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Can't answer the technical/historical questions, Google may be able to help in that aspect. I did, however, see an Auto Ordnance 1911 at the Antique Arms show in Novi last week in excellent condition with a 700$ price tag affixed to the trigger guard. My best friend has had one for about 15 years now, a gift from his father, and it has been a reliable pistol...much better machining that the 1911s made in the Philippines.

Kahr Arms owns AO.