Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    Aren't they all FFL's?
    Running the booths (and selling serialized firearms), yes.

But you can bring your firearm with the intent to potentially sell or trade and, if you happen to run into another non-licensee who's interested in buying it from you, well ... just follow the law for private sale.

Quote Originally Posted by radiohead1 View Post
    Where would I find a private person selling?

I know the handgun I want to purchase however I get dozens of federal licensed companies whenever I do a search (Cabelas, Sporting stores, etc)

Any recommendations on a website for private selling?
    Find a range near you with rental guns. I know you like a particular one right now, but it may take time to find "that" one. Get a few more in your hands to see what else may or may not fit your needs.

If you're looking for a .380, My wife has a SIG 238 for sale.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    radiohead1 whats your plan for buying ammo?

MGO Member
    Are you sure of this? I have bought from booths at Novi that were private sellers not FFL's.

radiohead1 whats your plan for buying ammo?
    He really doesn't need one. Just buy at a store that is not an FFL, or buy it online.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    He really doesn't need one. Just buy at a store that is not an FFL, or buy it online.
    A lot of places are requiring you to be 21 for all ammo. Where do you buy handgun ammo any more that's not an FFL that doesn't have a policy that you have to be 21? I live near Grand Rapids and can't think of where to go around here anymore with Meijer and Walmart getting out of handgun ammo.

I agree a lot of the online sellers don't check even if it says on their web site that they won't sell it to anyone under 21 or need a signature of someone over 21 to receive it. He might also find a place that will sell to him if he tells them he's using it in a long gun. I was asking to make the OP aware of this restriction so that he could have a plan for it.

A lot of places are requiring you to be 21 for all ammo. Where do you buy handgun ammo any more that's not an FFL that doesn't have a policy that you have to be 21? I live near Grand Rapids and can't think of where to go around here anymore with Meijer and Walmart getting out of handgun ammo.
    The closer you are to metro areas you are, the higher the influence of the liberal becomes. I have two stores in my little town, one a hardware, the other a lumber yard. They are not FFLs. There is also a party store a little further out that has a few boxes of 9&45 along with the most popular deer shotgun loads and some larger shot size upland game loads.

I agree a lot of the online sellers don't check even if it says on their web site that they won't sell it to anyone under 21 or need a signature of someone over 21 to receive it. He might also find a place that will sell to him if he tells them he's using it in a long gun. I was asking to make the OP aware of this restriction so that he could have a plan for it.
    Too many put to much into this. It is not like it is alcohol or the firearm itself, it is not a crime to have someone else pick some up for you, and there are not as many age restriction as people think. For some types of ammo, you only have to be 14.

I researched all of this a number of years ago when people were scalping .22 ammo. Who can sell, who can buy, all of that.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Hey Radiohead:

If you really want to get proficient with a handgun, you should check out some of the competitions in the Lansing Area. There are a couple bullseye teams at some of the local ranges, personally one of my teams is on the east side of Lansing.

We hold practices every couple of weeks in the summer, and there are a good number of outdoor competitions around in the summer. Wintertime, we have a league every year and shoot indoors, traveling to away matches and hosting them at various sites.

Wintertime, we are limited to 22 lr handguns but summertime we use up to 45 acp.

Google "Bullseye Pistol Competitions" and "Precision Pistol" for a detailed explanation of the routine.

You can also go to our teams website, www.ccrcpistolteam.weebley.com

If you would be interested in coming out to our next practice, or if you would like to meet at the range to see what it is all about, shoot me a pm. As for the equipment, I have a number of handguns you could use at the range and I have a good supply of ammo as well. Do not be concerned that as a newbie that you will underperform, we love teaching new people the sport. Plus, when we get into formal competitions as a team, only the top four scores count for the team score so that encourages new shooters to come out and enjoy the sport, and gives them an incentive to improve such that they become one of the "MoneyMakers" on the team.

Regards,
    Crankster

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast