Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Glock 19 magazine in a Glock 48. It works.

Had several people tell me this couldn't be done. Haha, yes it can. Would I necessarily trust it for defense? Maybe not. But it works.

I am a Forum User
    Shield arms is making a metal 15rnd mag...initial reports are positive

I am a Forum User
    Not liking that idea too much, mainly because of gluing the base plate.

Like wsr mentioned, Shield arms is making metal 15rd mags. On top of that, they will be offering a kit with 3 mags, and 2 extended base plates. I believe the base plates will allow 20rds per mag.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMT85 View Post
    Not liking that idea too much, mainly because of gluing the base plate.

Like wsr mentioned, Shield arms is making metal 15rd mags. On top of that, they will be offering a kit with 3 mags, and 2 extended base plates. I believe the base plates will allow 20rds per mag.
    Back plate. Easy enough to avoid, if you don't mind a super tight fit in the magwell. It fit and worked after simply machining the plastic down. Near the top, there was still full thickness plastic all the way around. Once I removed it, I had to glue the back back on.

And I'm aware of Shield Arms. Got tired of being on the waitlist for over a year, and decided to see if I could do it myself.

Up until the last couple weeks, Shield Arms has been vaporware. And the only ones released into the wild have gone to people who will make youtube videos portraying them in a positive light. It's like gun magazines. 10 people write articles, the positive one gets published. Shield finds folks who will give positive reviews, and sends the batch to them.

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Back plate. Easy enough to avoid, if you don't mind a super tight fit in the magwell. It fit and worked after simply machining the plastic down. Near the top, there was still full thickness plastic all the way around. Once I removed it, I had to glue the back back on.

And I'm aware of Shield Arms. Got tired of being on the waitlist for over a year, and decided to see if I could do it myself.

Up until the last couple weeks, Shield Arms has been vaporware. And the only ones released into the wild have gone to people who will make youtube videos portraying them in a positive light. It's like gun magazines. 10 people write articles, the positive one gets published. Shield finds folks who will give positive reviews, and sends the batch to them.
    A friend of mine got he pre-ordered ones about a week ago. He has been raving about them. Plus a little bird told me that the all pre-orders are filled and that the first batch for general sale will be available this weekend on their website.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    A friend of mine got he pre-ordered ones about a week ago. He has been raving about them. Plus a little bird told me that the all pre-orders are filled and that the first batch for general sale will be available this weekend on their website.
    Oh REALLY?

Niccccce

I am a Forum User
    Shield Arms has the S15 mags available on there site, I just ordered 2.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by december1979 View Post
    Shield Arms has the S15 mags available on there site, I just ordered 2.
    Hmm. I'll be damned. They never sent the email.

I am a Forum User
    Better get the mag release too. I hear the mags do quite a number on the stock plastic one.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Hmm. I'll be damned. They never sent the email.
    I got the 'back in stock' email 20 minutes after I ordered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast