Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

View Poll Results: Should other super bright colors be allowed for hunters instead of relying on Hunter's Orange exclus

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with Orange

29 67.44%
  • I'm open to allowing other highly visible colors

9 20.93%
  • I like my chili without beans

5 11.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunters Orange

I am a Forum User
    I AGREE

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Einthewoods View Post
    I don't think it should be mandatory period. More nanny-state regulation with the government knowing what is best for you backed up by fines.

I'm an adult and know the risks of not wearing some neon color to be visable to those "hunters" who shoot once a year and have more empty beer cans at deer-camp than pounds of venison in the freezer.

If someone shoots someone in the field thinking they were a deer, hammer them with the hardest penalty possible and then some as the deterrent. Don't make everyone pay for the idiocy of a few.
    ^^^^^
    This.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Where does your freedom end and my freedom start? Our founding fathers were brilliant in setting up a framework that has survived and thrived for nearly 250 years. I doubt they were planning for a country of 300 million people.

If you leave out the states that don't make you wear anything, are there states that allow or require colors other than orange?

MGO Board of Directors

I can walk through the woods during hunting seasons with no hunters orange on if I am not hunting, but if I am in my blind where no one can see me I can be ticketed for not wearing orange if I am hunting.

I wear Orange and have bullets fly past me hitting branches ( 2 doe between me and someone) I like to be able to see people that I may not otherwise see.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    Where does your freedom end and my freedom start? Our founding fathers were brilliant in setting up a framework that has survived and thrived for nearly 250 years. I doubt they were planning for a country of 300 million people.

If you leave out the states that don't make you wear anything, are there states that allow or require colors other than orange?
    Yes there are. If you read the DNR pdf linked in post #9, some of them are listed there.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Two thoughts.

I don't really care if, or what, color is mandated if they would just stop using it as a fundraiser. I think it is hard to get hunters to agree to change because it can just be another opportunity for a ticket.

COs should be required to wear hi-vis colors in hunting areas during hunting season, too.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    My son is red green color "deficient" (blind). Purples are blue and bright pink is white to him. Had to tell him more than once that he'd put on his sisters pink hat or gloves. He can see blaze orange though. Granted that's a unique situation and there are some color blind people that don't see orange or colors at all. I see no reason to change from hunter orange just to be trendy especially if the other colors are less effective even if just in the average 8% of men who are color blind.
    I have the same problem as your son, but can see blaze orange. I agree that, if a color continues to be mandated, it should be just orange.

Now, I don't shoot at anything I haven't positively identified and has a backstop, so people in pink wouldn't be at elevated risk around me, but not every hunter is so thoughtful about where they sling lead. Hopefully the intersection of colorblind and thoughtless is a small one....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    I can walk through the woods during hunting seasons with no hunters orange on if I am not hunting, but if I am in my blind where no one can see me I can be ticketed for not wearing orange if I am hunting.

I wear Orange and have bullets fly past me hitting branches ( 2 doe between me and someone) I like to be able to see people that I may not otherwise see.
    How many times has this happened to you?
    Well over 50 years in the woods & it has NEVER happened to me.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    How many times has this happened to you?
    Well over 50 years in the woods & it has NEVER happened to me.
    He has property in a rough neighborhood

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?425454
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123