Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

View Poll Results: Should other super bright colors be allowed for hunters instead of relying on Hunter's Orange exclus

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with Orange

29 67.44%
  • I'm open to allowing other highly visible colors

9 20.93%
  • I like my chili without beans

5 11.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunters Orange

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    .......... have accidents. As we see bullets find paths. ........
    I once had two blinds Just north of Chelsea on State land. One high on a hill, and one at ground level.
    One day while at the ground level blind... some yahoo decided to empty his shotgun at what I guess to be a running deer.
    The fifth slug was close enough for me to hear the whirling sound as it went by me.
    After yelling out at him, I hunted the rest of the day at the blind on the hill. (And have only used that one since)

No color would have made a difference.

I am a Forum User
    Would you want your child in a car without a seatbelt? Best drivers on the planet have accidents. As we see bullets find paths. I am all
    for some orange during gun season.
    You must not have read my post. I am talking about making decisions for myself. Not someone else. Quit injecting your decisions onto others and what they should do. You should feel free to do as you please as long it doesn't infringe upon what I want to do. That is freedom.

Just because you want to do something shouldn't make it a law everyone must obey or be punished.

This should bring up thoughts on 2a arguments. Based on your argument above, i guess you also agree that there is no need for high capacity mags if someone else doesn't need them in their life? It's only safe right?

I am a Forum User
    Would you want your child in a car without a seatbelt? Best drivers on the planet have accidents. As we see bullets find paths. I am all
    for some orange during gun season.
    I would like to be able to choose for myself if my child needs to be in a carseat or if seatbelts need to be used.
    Would you like me to decide if you can have bullets for youe next hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    Would those who voted :stick with orange please explain why? I don't get it.
    at long range - hi-viz yellow blends in and isn't all that hi-viz, even looks dark in certain light -- pink just looks stupid - hunter orange is universally noted and a learned response, stands out a 500 yards in low light, etc. Unless someone can show me studies as why some other color is way better, why confuse the situation? Change for the sake of change or just so vendors can sell more gear for the "hot" color. No need to change. The only reason another color might help is it looks different like 3rd brakes lights were so effective, not because they were better so much, but because they were out-of-the-ordinary. Now they are everywhere and I can find no data past 1996 that shows them more effective, though there was an increase in rear-end collisions in the last 20 years, but then we have cell phones too so I doubt it's a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    Would those who voted :stick with orange please explain why? I don't get it.
    My son is red green color "deficient" (blind). Purples are blue and bright pink is white to him. Had to tell him more than once that he'd put on his sisters pink hat or gloves. He can see blaze orange though. Granted that's a unique situation and there are some color blind people that don't see orange or colors at all. I see no reason to change from hunter orange just to be trendy especially if the other colors are less effective even if just in the average 8% of men who are color blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    at long range - hi-viz yellow blends in and isn't all that hi-viz, even looks dark in certain light -- pink just looks stupid - hunter orange is universally noted and a learned response, stands out a 500 yards in low light, etc. Unless someone can show me studies as why some other color is way better, why confuse the situation? Change for the sake of change or just so vendors can sell more gear for the "hot" color. No need to change. The only reason another color might help is it looks different like 3rd brakes lights were so effective, not because they were better so much, but because they were out-of-the-ordinary. Now they are everywhere and I can find no data past 1996 that shows them more effective, though there was an increase in rear-end collisions in the last 20 years, but then we have cell phones too so I doubt it's a good comparison.
    Seems legit.

I am a Forum User
    One color, one thought.
    However....if we allow/encourage all the colors of the "feels", it shouldn't be long before we must allow "The Emperors New Color". At that point, we could get rid of the nanny state.

Joe

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    My son is red green color "deficient" (blind). Purples are blue and bright pink is white to him. Had to tell him more than once that he'd put on his sisters pink hat or gloves. He can see blaze orange though. Granted that's a unique situation and there are some color blind people that don't see orange or colors at all. I see no reason to change from hunter orange just to be trendy especially if the other colors are less effective even if just in the average 8% of men who are color blind.
    You just described me to a tee. I hate those stupid tests where you are supposed to be able to pick the number out of all the dots....................

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Einthewoods View Post
    You must not have read my post. I am talking about making decisions for myself. Not someone else. Quit injecting your decisions onto others and what they should do. You should feel free to do as you please as long it doesn't infringe upon what I want to do. That is freedom.

Just because you want to do something shouldn't make it a law everyone must obey or be punished.

This should bring up thoughts on 2a arguments. Based on your argument above, i guess you also agree that there is no need for high capacity mags if someone else doesn't need them in their life? It's only safe right?
    I read it. where did I tell anyone what to do ? I said( I )am for it. If anyone is injecting there decisions its you. I asked a question.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I would like to be able to choose for myself if my child needs to be in a carseat or if seatbelts need to be used.
    Would you like me to decide if you can have bullets for youe next hunt?
    I didnt say you cant. We have to follow the law even if we dont like them. Rite ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast