Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

In Memoriam Forum User

Civilian Marksmanship Program Auction Features an Unissued M1 Garand

Civilian Marksmanship Program Auction Features an Unissued M1 Garand

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/02/03/cmp-auction-m1-garand/

I am a Forum User
    Many 1953 and later production rifles were stored unissued as barreled actions. The C.M.P. regularly builds the actions into new stocks and places them online or in their stores for sale. Some are rebarreled and converted to 7.62 NATO.

I purchased an unissued rifle rebarreled in 7.62, who's receiver was produced in 1953 by H&R and stored as a barreled receiver, last year. I like the fact that it's 7.62 rather than 30-06. I also like the fact that I can shoot it with out degrading a piece of history.

I am a Forum User
    When I went to the CMP back in December, I had 2 criteria for the Garand I bought. One, I wanted a Springfield Armory one, since I had just visited it. Second, I wanted a WW2 vintage one. Unissued ones are "purty", but I wanted one that could have some (unknown) battle history in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ah1f39 View Post
    Many 1953 and later production rifles were stored unissued as barreled actions. The C.M.P. regularly builds the actions into new stocks and places them online or in their stores for sale. Some are rebarreled and converted to 7.62 NATO.

I purchased an unissued rifle rebarreled in 7.62, who's receiver was produced in 1953 by H&R and stored as a barreled receiver, last year. I like the fact that it's 7.62 rather than 30-06. I also like the fact that I can shoot it with out degrading a piece of history.
    what sorta price range do they go for ?

I am a Forum User
    When CMP has them they run about 800 to 1200. Because I didn't want to wait depending on availability I paid 1400 from a third party.

I am a Forum User
    Those rifles are actually unissued. They’re not rebuilt or put together. From time to time the CMP gets back unissued Garands from the Army and puts them up on the auction site. They typically still have the foil wrap on the sights and trigger. All that I have seen on the auction site are late Springfield rifles, 5.8 million SN range. There one on the auction site now, it’s over $3,000 with 5 days to go.

https://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail...ued-SA-5846832

Quote Originally Posted by ah1f39 View Post
    When CMP has them they run about 800 to 1200. Because I didn't want to wait depending on availability I paid 1400 from a third party.
    thats cheaper than I was expecting, thats with a new unused barrel ?

I am a Forum User
    The 7.62x51/308 rifles get new barrels.