Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Virginia Passes Bill Requiring Destruction of ‘High Cap’ Magazines

Virginia Passes Bill Requiring Destruction of ‘High Cap’ Magazines

Joe Raedle/Getty

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    February 7th. 2020

Virginia House Public Safety Committee passed legislation Friday morning to require owners of “high capacity” ammunition to destroy or surrender said magazines. The legislation in view is HB 961, which was watered down from its original form in order to garner enough Democrat votes to pass out of committee.

Breitbart News reported HB 961 originally required owners of AR-15s to register their guns with the government and get a license from Virginia State Police, in order to retain the firearm. That aspect of the bill was removed, but the ban on magazines holding over 12 rounds is still intact.

And that is the definition of "compromise" with anti gunners. They agree to only screw us half as much as they want to... this time.

And we should be grateful to have been allowed to be involved in the process!
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Just like bump stocks, I have to wonder how many people are actually going to comply with this.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mudoven View Post
    Just like bump stocks, I have to wonder how many people are actually going to comply with this.
    If they have any sense, none.
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

I am a Forum User
    I have to think there is about to be a run on buying them up being it would certainly be illegal to ship them there once passed. These pending laws certainly tend to be good for the industry...at least in the short term.

I lived in Colorado for a time when high-cap mags were banned from buying there. It was great what Magpul did for them (prioritizing shipping to, and the flyins, etc.) before leaving that screwed up state. Unlike the Colorado law of no more purchase but grandfathered existing, Virginia is going full nutjob with a ban.

Yes Virginia there is a 2nd amendment.

Well for them it is Article 1 Section 13.

Virginia Constitution Article 1 Section 13/

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Well for them it is Article 1 Section 13.

Virginia Constitution Article 1 Section 13/
    I think the current legislators would read that as:

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained with rubber-band guns with limited ammo, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a nanny state, therefore, the right of the people to keep calm and shelter in place shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be used to threaten the people deemed dangerous to the state; and that in all cases the military (or para-military police) should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the state politicians.

I was talking to a fellow a few months ago, and hi-cap mags came up. He said he was for a ban on them.
    I said; I can put 18 rounds in my G-17, and it's a factory stock pistol. He didn't know what to say to that.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    I was talking to a fellow a few months ago, and hi-cap mags came up. He said he was for a ban on them.
    I said; I can put 18 rounds in my G-17, and it's a factory stock pistol. He didn't know what to say to that.
    I have certainly heard the argument by many to stop the brainwashing of the people by not saying high capacity mags but rather call them standard capacity. It will be an uphill battle to counter the MSM and their spilling of mistruths that so many take as fact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast