Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Gunsmith who can work on my Winchester 1894?

So I have this Winchester 1894 that was given to me by a family member. It's a great rifle and I really want to be able to take it out, but it's having issues. For some reason if you load more than 3 rounds it jams up while cycling it, and trying to load rounds through the loading gate can cause it to lock up too and you have to almost use a screwdriver to actually load these things sometimes, super stiff. I know these are generally simple rifles, I just don't know anything about it so I don't want to take it apart. With my luck, there's something jammed in there and it's a simple fix.

It's been sitting in my safe for over 3 years since the last time I tried to use it, and I keep forgetting to take it somewhere and get looked at.

Anyone on here knowledgeable enough to fix it, or know of a smith that can that won't charge me an arm and a leg?

Located in Northville, willing to travel a bit to get this thing fixed.

Thanks in advance!

~ Mike

MGO Member
    Rick Stover in Lapeer if he's still doing gun smithing.
    He has helped many many cowboy action shooters with their rifles.
    810 245 7040
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    Rick Stover in Lapeer if he's still doing gun smithing.
    He has helped many many cowboy action shooters with their rifles.
    810 245 7040
    Phew. Lapeer is a an hour and a half on a good day. I'll take the name down, but I work 60 hours a week so making it out there is likely impossible for me. Thank you though!

I am a Forum User
    Win 94s are fairly simple. It probably just needs a good teardown, cleaning and oil. Look on Youtube for teardown videos and DIY. Make sure to use proper screw drivers as normal wedge shaped chisel heads will damage the screw heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack Addict View Post
    Win 94s are fairly simple. It probably just needs a good teardown, cleaning and oil. Look on Youtube for teardown videos and DIY. Make sure to use proper screw drivers as normal wedge shaped chisel heads will damage the screw heads.
    Thanks buddy. Maybe I'll strip her down this weekend and take a crack at it. It's already screwed up, what's the worst I can do to it...lol

I am a Forum User
    Call Shooters Service ask if Kurt will look at it..

I am a Forum User
    Ken Kubin in Farmington Hills

I am a Forum User
    Doug Jones usually has a few lever guns in his shop that he's repaired..Pretty sure he could fix it.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Ron at American Arms Engineering. I know he has experience on 94s
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

hand it to RifleGuy with a case of his favorite drink?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast