Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 5479 of 2020
    Weapons; other; use of public resources for firearm purchase programs; prohibit. Amends sec. 2 of 1990 PA 319 (MCL 123.1102).
    Last Action: 3/3/2020 referred to second reading
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5479 of 2020
    Weapons; other; use of public resources for firearm purchase programs; prohibit. Amends sec. 2 of 1990 PA 319 (MCL 123.1102).
    Last Action: 3/4/2020 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...9-61D7347E.pdf

This bill has passed the House…on to the Senate.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5479 of 2020
    Last Action: 3/5/2020 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS

The less the Man can do, the better off the "ordinary citizens" are.

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    What would stop an FFL from acting as the go-between? The local unit of government buys the buybacks from the shell FFL and uses it for the law enforcement purpose of training or looking for "crime-guns"?

I'm not opposed to the concept but, will it work?
    But, would this be considered a "Straw Purchase"???
    MI_XD
    SW Michigan
    ----Hey Joe and A Camal----Oh, and now Stretchy Gretchey
    ---- What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not Understand?"
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by MI_XD View Post
    But, would this be considered a "Straw Purchase"???
    Same thing I was wondering.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

It's only a straw purchase if the recipient isn't allowed to own a gun. It is perfectly legal to buy a gun and give it to someone who can legally own it.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    It's only a straw purchase if the recipient isn't allowed to own a gun. It is perfectly legal to buy a gun and give it to someone who can legally own it.
    Oh,please!
    ...Say it isn't so.

A shooting buddy's wife is a far left loon, that is constantly spouting off about universal background checks,and closing the gun show loophole.

She hasn't got a clue what she's talking about,just parroting what she watches on PMS/NBC.

About five years ago,she bought a new shotgun for her husband,from the LGS,and filled out the required paperwork,and said she was the actual buyer,and then promptly gave it her husband for his birthday.
    ...Great wife,really.

But,being the old curmudgeon that I am,and continually delighting in agitating Libtards at every opportunity,I now refer to her as my "favorite fugitive from justice" for doing a straw puchase.

Her only defense to that obvious fact was that he was able to own a gun,so she didn't do anything wrong.

I told her,and still do, that she isn't the authority to decide that,which is why we do have background checks.

...I don't push it too far though because she's a great cook.

I might be old,but I'm not senile.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    Oh,please!
    ...Say it isn't so.

A shooting buddy's wife is a far left loon, that is constantly spouting off about universal background checks,and closing the gun show loophole.

She hasn't got a clue what she's talking about,just parroting what she watches on PMS/NBC.

About five years ago,she bought a new shotgun for her husband,from the LGS,and filled out the required paperwork,and said she was the actual buyer,and then promptly gave it her husband for his birthday.
    ...Great wife,really.

But,being the old curmudgeon that I am,and continually delighting in agitating Libtards at every opportunity,I now refer to her as my "favorite fugitive from justice" for doing a straw puchase.

Her only defense to that obvious fact was that he was able to own a gun,so she didn't do anything wrong.

I told her,and still do, that she isn't the authority to decide that,which is why we do have background checks.

...I don't push it too far though because she's a great cook.

I might be old,but I'm not senile.
    HEHE! Love it! Poke the (Mama)Bear Smokepole!
    MI_XD
    SW Michigan
    ----Hey Joe and A Camal----Oh, and now Stretchy Gretchey
    ---- What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do you not Understand?"
    -----

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12