Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Polymer 80 Glock

Has anybody built a Polymer 80 Glock, and what are your opinions.

I am a Forum User
    It was a lot of fun and I'm now working on a 2nd. I did this for my first one: https://www.rockeybrass.com/Polymer8...it_p_7576.html
    and am sourcing parts all over for my 2nd. Marine gun builder on youtube has a great tutorial, but my number one tip is to use a utility blade to score the tabs. They come off super clean and flush that way with almost no effort. Took about 5 minutes as opposed to 20 with a dremel and file.

I am a Forum User
    Legit question: Not trying to start a flamewar, but what's the attraction to a $500 80% lower when you can buy them (used) all day for less or (new) for essentially the same price?
    What gives? What's the attraction?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Legit question: Not trying to start a flamewar, but what's the attraction to a $500 80% lower when you can buy them (used) all day for less or (new) for essentially the same price?
    Well, one has to do with the fact that you put it together yourself, and the other has to do with the nice shiny unmarred tag on the bottom of the rail here, along with that ridiculous 4473.

MGO Member
    I want to build a Glock 17, but I don't like the finger grooves on the grip, and a Glock 17 gen 5 is very pricey. When you build one you can put custom slides and barrels etc. and you have a gun to your specs.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JMarch View Post
    Well, one has to do with the fact that you put it together yourself, and the other has to do with the nice shiny unmarred tag on the bottom of the rail here, along with that ridiculous 4473.
    I guess? Maybe?
    I get the wanting to machine it, etc. I've got a lathe, a 3D printer, a small mill, tig/mig machines, etc. and consider myself a perpetual tinkerer so I see that side of it. They just seem wildly popular if that's a driving reason.
    If the reason is to get around a 4473, then wouldn't it be easier to just buy used. I've got a stable a Glocks, and not a 4473 among them.

They're wildly popular, and I just find it fascinating. Figured I'd lob the question out in the open to learn from another perspective.

I am a Forum User
    The grip angle is also more ergonomic (1911 angle) than a factory glock. I like the triggerguard undercut too. It definitely feels better in the hand.

I am a Forum User
    Yeah, it looks cool. Very aggressive lines and such around the trigger.

MGO Member
    I love shooting my 1911 it just fits right. I have small hands and the only Glock the fits me ok is the Gen 5, 17. I was hoping that the Glock Polymer 80 would fit me better, without the finger grooves on the handle, my friend has a Glock gen 4, and it is too big in my hand. Wish there was a place to try the Polymer 80 before I purchase one.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    No records

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast