Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by denniscoon@aol.c View Post
    Has anybody built a Polymer 80 Glock, and what are your opinions.
    I have built several.
    Its pretty fun, and its nice to have a pistol that there is no record of.

If you are going to build a custom Glock, its cheaper than buying a Glock and tossing 1/2 the parts.
    The grip angle is better than factory Glock also.

Quote Originally Posted by denniscoon@aol.c View Post
    I love shooting my 1911 it just fits right. I have small hands and the only Glock the fits me ok is the Gen 5, 17. I was hoping that the Glock Polymer 80 would fit me better, without the finger grooves on the handle, my friend has a Glock gen 4, and it is too big in my hand. Wish there was a place to try the Polymer 80 before I purchase one.
    If you get near Hastings, you can shoot one of mine. I have 4 of them to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    I guess? Maybe?
    I get the wanting to machine it, etc. I've got a lathe, a 3D printer, a small mill, tig/mig machines, etc. and consider myself a perpetual tinkerer so I see that side of it. They just seem wildly popular if that's a driving reason.
    If the reason is to get around a 4473, then wouldn't it be easier to just buy used. I've got a stable a Glocks, and not a 4473 among them.

They're wildly popular, and I just find it fascinating. Figured I'd lob the question out in the open to learn from another perspective.
    They are addicting. Be prepared to build several if you build 1. LOL

The 80% Sig P320 is my new fascination. Those are another rabbit hole of $$$

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    No records
    FTF with CPL *and* an out of state CPL = No "records" (transaction paperwork ala Michigan RI-060).
    I get the point though for no 4473 from a dealer / new off the shelf type purchase. Understood, and very fair point for reasoning.

MGO Member
    Thanks for the offer. You seem to have knowledge about these. In your opinion does the Poly 80 feel as 2x4ish and the Gen 3 and Gen 4...the Gen 5 is the only Glock that seems to fit my hand. Thanks

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    ...but what's the attraction to a $500 80% lower when you can buy them (used) all day for less or (new) for essentially the same price?
    What gives? What's the attraction?
    I thought part of the attraction was that they were cheaper than the retail/$500 mark? Are you saying they are $500 to build one? How does one get to that mark-the lowers I see (with jig and tool kits) are usually discounted to $80-100.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    I thought part of the attraction was that they were cheaper than the retail/$500 mark? Are you saying they are $500 to build one? How does one get to that mark-the lowers I see (with jig and tool kits) are usually discounted to $80-100.
    I'm not saying that.......
    The link in the 2nd post says it. $480 for a complete kit.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    I'm not saying that.......
    The link in the 2nd post says it. $480 for a complete kit.
    Begs the question even more in that case... there’s no difference between that and used-which can both be had record free.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    Don't know. That's kind of why I asked. Maybe a lot (most?) of it is driven the same way the "Lego gun" infection of AR's is. The fun in machining, assembly, etc. and making something from nothing. Or 80% of nothing.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12