Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I can't post links yet! Forum User

Auction house for firearm sales?

Hi folks,

I've inherited a bunch of firearms of types I will never use. I also have quite a few odds and ends of my own. A couple of them are quite old muzzle loaders - possibly Civil war era, with a half dozen extra ramrods. Also ammo, loading supplies, and miscellaneous.

Looking for a good auction house to sell a large portion of these items (say a mix of 2 dozen firearms mixed types), lots of ammo with no provenance, lots of OLD ammo (paper shotshells), etc.

I don't want to sell online, and I don't need anyone to offer "send them to me" advice. Thanks anyway.

I live in the area between Milford and Brighton.

Thanks,

Dave

I am a Forum User
    Would you consider selling some to a dealer or having the dealer sell on consignment? You'll get raked over the coals through an auction house, if you even find one in Michigan.

I would recommend taking lots of pictures and go to a Mi Antique Firearms show and talk to one of the people with a display of similiar firearms.
    Auctions are expensive and charge a seller premium.
    [QUOTE]["Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin/QUOTE]

MGO Member
    Bidnow, albrect auction in vassar does a gun auction every month. Guns go for way higher than what I think they should. Only ever won 1 gun!

MGO Member
    A friend used this on-line auction service, based in Bryon Center, MI when he closed out his shop: https://bid.sslfirearms.com/auctions

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Thanks guys.

I've found my experience to match Preacherboy's as far as auction prices. If people hear guns are up for auction, the place usually fills, and the wallets empty. Only been to a couple over the years, though. I really want to do an onsite only auction, as the travel to the site by the buyers tends to invest them into the process, and make them think the NEED to buy one to make all that drive time worthwhile.

Some of these aren't the fast movers that black rifles are, and I don't want them to languish on shelves on consignment for years. Just want to get what I can for them.

Only a few of them are true antiques. I will probably take them to the next Novi Antique arms show. Thanks for the idea there. Edit: Darn it. Missed the Feb show!

Thanks,

Dave
    Last edited by Skisoloii; 02-12-2020 at 10:08 PM.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

post a few pictures here, we might surprise you.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    DuMouchelles in downtown Detroit might be an option to consider, although I'm not a fan of their 24% buyer's premium. I have picked up a few nice firearms there though. Go to their website, click the lots tab at the top of the page, then click the arms check box on the left to get a feel for what they are auctioning at their next sale, they also do appraisals.
    https://dumoart.com/

I am a Forum User
    An auction house will absolutely scalp you on price and fair value. Probably about what a pawn shop would. Unless it's a collection of true rare and collectable antique firearms.
    Your best bet, and perhaps the least amount of braindamage would be someone like Jeff (Motor City Munitions) to take them in on consignment or some agreed pricing / value where you get fair money for them, and he makes a couple bucks for doing the time and legwork in selling them over the long haul.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    An auction house will absolutely scalp you on price and fair value. Probably about what a pawn shop would. Unless it's a collection of true rare and collectable antique firearms.
    Your best bet, and perhaps the least amount of braindamage would be someone like Jeff (Motor City Munitions) to take them in on consignment or some agreed pricing / value where you get fair money for them, and he makes a couple bucks for doing the time and legwork in selling them over the long haul.
    ++1 Jeff is a stand up to do business with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast