Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned Forum User
    I could have done it, too, if this gun came from my grandfather and was valuable to me as a memory.

MGO Member
    I had a guy want to buy back a S&W model 640...just a plain, jane gun that comes up for sale here all the time. In fact, when that dude texted me there were I think 2 on here for sale. Makes no sense to me.

Only gun I ever bought back (that wasn't sold to my brother or uncle) was mostly an accident. I traded my Kahr K9 to CombatPreacher. A year or two later I decided I wanted another one, but wasn't actively searching. I posted a P2000 for sale/trade and got an email from a guy on Armslist, who had a Kahr K9 he wanted to trade me. I asked for more info, he said it came with a holster, mag carrier, and custom aluminum baseplates. That last one caught my attention, I asked for a picture. It was my gun! My aluminum baseplates with Spartan helmets engraved on the bottom of them. That was pretty cool!

The only other gun I wished I didn't sell/would GLADLY buy back was my first handgun...my CZ75B. Can't remember who I sold it to, but I hope to one day find the paperwork and track them down!
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Only gun I ever bought back (that wasn't sold to my brother or uncle) was mostly an accident. I traded my Kahr K9 to CombatPreacher. A year or two later I decided I wanted another one, but wasn't actively searching. I posted a P2000 for sale/trade and got an email from a guy on Armslist, who had a Kahr K9 he wanted to trade me. I asked for more info, he said it came with a holster, mag carrier, and custom aluminum baseplates. That last one caught my attention, I asked for a picture. It was my gun! My aluminum baseplates with Spartan helmets engraved on the bottom of them. That was pretty cool!

The only other gun I wished I didn't sell/would GLADLY buy back was my first handgun...my CZ75B. Can't remember who I sold it to, but I hope to one day find the paperwork and track them down!
    have you sold over 100 guns ?

I am a Forum User
    The only gun I've ever sold is a Ruger LCP.

I won't be trying to get that one back.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I think i've sold/traded 5 guns. 1 I sold because I just didn't like it. 1 I traded because i wanted something knew and I wasn't using it (then soldwhat I traded it for, and I screwed up because what i gave went up in value and what i got didn't).

3 I sold to help pay my mortgage when I was out of work.
    -1 was cheap but I haven't found one like it to replace it with
    -1 was okay, but I upgraded
    -1 I'd happily buy back, but I feel like I wouldn't want to pay as much as I got for it.

Oh, and I sold off a couple lowers along the way, but I have more.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Usually when I sell a gun, it's to use that money to buy an upgraded one of the same type. Sell a $300 gun to buy a $500 one. To me it's not just an investment, but it's also a hobby. My gun count has remained pretty constant for quite awhile now. But the value has increased A LOT. I would really rather trade than sell.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    I think a lot of firearms enthusiasts do this ( sell or trade 1 gun for one of higher quality ) when they build their collection.
    I bought a few Taurus pistols, back in the late 70's & early 80's, as they were bargain priced, compared to the S&W models they copied.
    Never had an issue with any of them, but over time sold off the revolvers, after replacing them with S&W's, as my finances allowed.
    Actually made a little $ selling the Tauruses, as I bought them before they became popular, & prices went up..I did hold on to
    a few of the Taurus auto loaders I bought..they're great pistols.

Over the years I've found & added some nice used pistols to upgrade my collection Dan Wesson 1911's, S&W mod. 41, etc..
    eventually added the pistols I always wanted, but couldn't afford @ the time.

Now, as my eyesight diminishes & shakiness increases..start wondering if it's time to thin my collection..?
    ( but I still check out the ads on handguns & long guns FS on MGO every day..)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    have you sold over 100 guns ?
    Homie is that a real question? Remember when the ATF knocked on my door? lol

Yes, I think that the amount of handguns that I've sold in since I moved here would be right around 100, maybe a few more, maybe a few less.

That's a lot of paperwork digging...
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

I am a Forum User
    I once sold a shogun that I won in a raffle to buy a s+w performance center 460, so no regrets there.
    I do want my 68’ GTX back though.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast