Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: What is this?

MGO Board of Directors

What is this?

6BBDF2BF-C487-4BA5-A977-B0F7FA851237.jpg08860784-7F02-4873-9CC7-D4754FA3E24C.jpg

This was in a box of stuff (most all muzzleloader stuff) that a friend gave me when his father passed away.
    Any idea what it is?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Is it a cleaning jag with the thread part broke off?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    6BBDF2BF-C487-4BA5-A977-B0F7FA851237.jpg08860784-7F02-4873-9CC7-D4754FA3E24C.jpg

This was in a box of stuff (most all muzzleloader stuff) that a friend gave me when his father passed away.
    Any idea what it is?
    No idea, but a cleaning jag makes sense if you assume it's busted and someone made a key ring out of it.

a ribbed ring, put out to pasture, no longer able to fulfill the task of plunging the hole

Banned Forum User
    I have no idea.

broken jag turned into a key ring would be my guess as well. Depending on the size it could also be a stud for a ball starter. You'd think if that were the case there would be some epoxy left on it and that the ribs would be angled the opposite way to make it easier to press in and harder to pull out of the ball starter. Just guess though.

It looks like the "sling stud" on my ball starters are just brass versions of the same ones that screw into gunstocks, but I've never removed them to see for sure.

Banned Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    broken jag turned into a key ring would be my guess as well. Depending on the size it could also be a stud for a ball starter. You'd think if that were the case there would be some epoxy left on it and that the ribs would be angled the opposite way to make it easier to press in and harder to pull out of the ball starter. Just guess though.

It looks like the "sling stud" on my ball starters are just brass versions of the same ones that screw into gunstocks, but I've never removed them to see for sure.
    Yes, you may be right.