Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Public land or Private land - it's all illegal.

Attachment 85464
    Hmm....well I bet there isn't any PRIVATE LAND OWNERS who would do such things anyway, I was just wondering!!!

MGO Board of Directors

UPDATE FROM Jackam

I am happy to report that the resolution proposals that I submitted to the MUCC Policy Board were voted upon and passed. One of these proposals was to strike a couple of old tie-barred MUCC resolutions. When a state legislator introduced legislation in Lansing to allow uncased firearms in vehicles on private property, MUCC was obligated to testify against this bill. This infuriated pro-2A legislators and hurt the bill. The bill now sits in the State Senate waiting for another hearing. I am pleased to announce that MUCC will no longer be in opposition to the more liberal carry law proposal because these old tie-barred resolutions have been repealed!

The other resolution proposal that passed needed a 2/3 majority vote. It would direct MUCC to actively lobby to get a law changed. It is currently illegal to have an uncased firearm (CPL firearms excluded) in or UPON a vehicle. This law makes criminals of anyone the sets or leans a firearm on or against a vehicle. Because of this resolution, and MUCCs lobbying efforts, perhaps one day soon a target shooter can use the hood of his truck to steady his rifle while he takes aim and the exterior of vehicles will no longer be gun free zones!
    Folks, this is HUGE! Jack has effected positive change at MUCC on behalf of gun owners in Michigan!

THANK YOU JACK for all of your hard work on this!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Well Done and Thank you, Jack!
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Board of Directors

Thanks Jack.
    Always hated this law ever since my uncle received a ticket for having his shotgun leaning against his truck while he was getting the case ready to put in away many years ago.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

MGO Board of Directors

Awesome job, Jack!

I am a Forum User
    This is a great example of grassroots policy making. Well done!

Awesome! Now maybe the USDA guys won't be in violation during our yearly shotgun training(fun day)!!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Thanks @Jackam for your persistence on this one. Great work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12