Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon28rw View Post
    It’s a ak pistol
    Brandon28rw, are you buying this from an FFL or private party? If from an FFL, you don't need an LTP.

MGO Member
    Brandon28rw,

Try Warren PD. I've been there 3 times in the last year for a purchase permit, no longer than 20 minutes each time.
    Remember, you'll need to get the PP notarized so don't sign it until you're with the notary. Warren will do this for free at the Warren Civic Center (right next door to the PD station) but I think you need to be a warren resident to get for free tho.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dbogdan View Post
    Brandon28rw,

Try Warren PD. I've been there 3 times in the last year for a purchase permit, no longer than 20 minutes each time.
    Remember, you'll need to get the PP notarized so don't sign it until you're with the notary. Warren will do this for free at the Warren Civic Center (right next door to the PD station) but I think you need to be a warren resident to get for free tho.
    So speaking of Warren PD, I got a LTP there once before I got my CPL. I don't live in Warren but I work there so it was convenient. Anyways, they wouldn't give me one without getting finger printed. I asked why and the lady just gave me some random crap about how it's their policy and it reduces crime. Ok? I told her I'm not a criminal, and if I was I wouldn't be at the PD asking and paying for permission to practice my 2A rights. She repeated the same nonsense, then told me I could speak to a sheriff on duty. I agreed and the sheriff came out to speak with me. Gave me the same load of crap about preventing crime and all this nonsense. Is it legal for local PD to add requirements like this and refuse to issue an LTP if the individual doesn't want to meet their requirements?

I am a Forum User
    Nice story, but what was a sheriff doing at Warren PD?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    So speaking of Warren PD, I got a LTP there once before I got my CPL. I don't live in Warren but I work there so it was convenient. Anyways, they wouldn't give me one without getting finger printed. I asked why and the lady just gave me some random crap about how it's their policy and it reduces crime. Ok? I told her I'm not a criminal, and if I was I wouldn't be at the PD asking and paying for permission to practice my 2A rights. She repeated the same nonsense, then told me I could speak to a sheriff on duty. I agreed and the sheriff came out to speak with me. Gave me the same load of crap about preventing crime and all this nonsense. Is it legal for local PD to add requirements like this and refuse to issue an LTP if the individual doesn't want to meet their requirements?
    Next time ask for MCL that explains the process they are following. And record names as they answer.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Nice story, but what was a sheriff doing at Warren PD?
    I don't know. You could go ask them.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Next time ask for MCL that explains the process they are following. And record names as they answer.
    I won't be going back since I have a CPL now. Even if I didn't have my CPL, I wouldn't go back there. Too much hassle.

Banned
    I just called macomb sheriffs department and they said they can only issue them to people who are in their patrolling area... I told her I could get it anywhere in Michigan and she said no
    Lol. They have no choice. They can't trump state law.

Sue em?

I just called macomb sheriffs department and they said they can only issue them to people who are in their patrolling area... I told her I could get it anywhere in Michigan and she said no
    You COULD tell them that denying you a purchase permit is illegal BUT then they'd probably agree to it and make you wait a month.

Still, I'd call and talk to the Sheriff or something higher than whoever you talked to on the phone and tell them that state law says they can't legally deny you a permit and they should probably educate their employees before they get sued by someone who wants to make a point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123