Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Zastava M57 Tokarev Muzzle Brake

Stumbled upon the Tokarev muzzle brakes, which really excited me as my M57 was my second ever gun and is very dear to me so the idea of getting something custom for it was a dream come true.

The brake replaces the barrel bushing and fits over .499-.501in diameter barrels and my M57 is a modern pistol and has a THICC .529in diameter barrel so the muzzle brake won't fit.

As stated above I'm very determined to mod one of my favorite guns, but I'm wondering what would be the best way forward. I've been able to find TT-33 barrels for sale but I'm not sure if they are interchangeable. There is also obviously buying a surplus M57 with a thinner barrel and just use that barrel in my M57 but that would also be the most expensive option. Any advice would be greatly appreciated since I REALLY want to slap this compensator on my Tokarev and take it to the range. There is just something that perfectly sums up my personality to have a "Gucci Tokarev".

I could also ask if I were to try buying a TT-33 barrel how would I test if it does work? Would it require testing with live ammo to know and if so how dangerous would that get? I imagine very dangerous if it is just zero-to-live-ammo so I'm hoping that any potential issues could be discovered with racking the slide or dummy rounds.

I am a Forum User
    Could you mill out the inside of the brake to fit over the barrel of the M57 you currently have? .030 inches doesn't seem to hard to get rid of.

I was wondering that, and hoping someone here knew as much since I kniw nothing of the structural strength of steel opposed to the force of a 7.62 Tokarev round going off. If anyone here knows a better place to ask such a question I'd be very grateful. On his livestream Military Arms Channel said he answers Patrons' emails so I thought of subbing to him on Patreon though to get email privileges you have to be $10+ a month which whilst I'm not against the idea it'd be quite an investment.

Could anyone suggest a gunsmith [or machinist] around SE MI that would be willing to fit the muzzle brake to my barrel? I assume the frame is the registered firearm so even if I gave them the whole slide that'd be above board I believe?

Yeah, so you really do just ream out the comp a little. Anyone know someone around here that'll do it?