Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Paint barrel of AR 15?

I’m considering painting the barrel of an AR15, just for some contrasting color. The stock & grip are FDE, SO I was thinking FDE under the FF light weight handguard might give a different look. I’m looking for a quick and inexpensive application. Would a high temp paint work?
    Any other thoughts / suggestions?

I am a Forum User
    High temp ratttle can. BBQ paint. Engine / exhaust manifold paint, etc.
    Don't expect it to last like the non high temp areas do. Receivers, guards, stocks, scopes, etc.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    High temp ratttle can. BBQ paint. Engine / exhaust manifold paint, etc.
    Don't expect it to last like the non high temp areas do. Receivers, guards, stocks, scopes, etc.
    I've used flat black BBQ high temp paint on a beater AR and it held up very well.

I am a Forum User
    i used rustoluem camo and it has held up fine on my M4

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    I've used flat black BBQ high temp paint on a beater AR and it held up very well.
    I've never had luck with colors lasting very long. Kind of a get what you pay for scenario. It's cheap, hit it again and go.

MGO Member
    Get a can of Duracoat. I think it generally falls between Cerakoting and paint as an option for hardness, scratch and chemical resistance. Works fine on barrels, and they have a version for objects that regularly get over 500 degrees.
    https://www.duracoatfirearmfinishes.com/
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Doesn't high-temp/BBQ/Engine/Exhaust paint have to be cured (heated up after applied) in order to work properly?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mudoven View Post
    Doesn't high-temp/BBQ/Engine/Exhaust paint have to be cured (heated up after applied) in order to work properly?
    That can be easily be done with a heat gun...or a couple of mag dumps ought to do it.

Don't just rattle can it. Your firearms are investments, I can Cerakote it for you. You will get the contrasting color of your choice, and you get the awesome protection of Cerakote.

Cerakote H-series has a heat tolerance of 500-600 degrees. We Cerakote barrels all the time and H-series has a **** load of colors to choose from. Crazy example shown below:

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast