Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Set it up with a dealer here before you go. Take a copy of his license with you (the dealer there will need it to ship the firearm) and your gun will be waiting for you when you get home.
    No need to take a copy with him (and many FFLs won't hand a copy to a non-FFL). The shipping FFL can (a) verify the receiving FFL via FFLeZCheck and (b) if they want a copy, all it takes is a quick email request. Some never even ask for it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwade78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead
    Sure kills that deal.
    Indeed
    It's not any different than buying a gun online and having it shipped to your local FFL. You just happen to be paying in person versus using a credit card over the Interwebz or over the phone.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    It's not any different than buying a gun online and having it shipped to your local FFL. You just happen to be paying in person versus using a credit card over the Interwebz or over the phone.

I understand it's easy, but it's no longer a good deal for me with shipping and transfer fee. I hardly buy any firearms online because of this reason

I am a Forum User
    I understand it's easy, but it's no longer a good deal for me with shipping and transfer fee. I hardly buy any firearms online because of this reason
    Yup, the only advantage is being able to inspect it in person. No cost savings.

depends, I would keep an eye open, not sure if you are buying new, or just what ever strikes your fancy when you see it.

From big chains buying a pretty nice rifle they might have it 900 at cabelas, you can probably get that for 300 cheaper online.

Hard to say with out specifics. Lots of 9mm poly hand guns hella cheap online I do not see them in stores as cheap on line, get free shipping and find a local guy who does $25 transfers or $30.

Buuuut of course give your local guy a chance to sell or order a gun for you.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    depends, I would keep an eye open, not sure if you are buying new, or just what ever strikes your fancy when you see it.

From big chains buying a pretty nice rifle they might have it 900 at cabelas, you can probably get that for 300 cheaper online.

Hard to say with out specifics. Lots of 9mm poly hand guns hella cheap online I do not see them in stores as cheap on line, get free shipping and find a local guy who does $25 transfers or $30.

Buuuut of course give your local guy a chance to sell or order a gun for you.
    I dont have a local guy either lol. Does armslist and mgo count?

I am a Forum User
    If you're buying a firearm from another state, whether online, in person or just a deal with a buddy, you HAVE to pay an FFL transfer fee back home. There's no way around that.

So the extra cost of shipping was a deal breaker. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    If you're buying a firearm from another state, whether online, in person or just a deal with a buddy, you HAVE to pay an FFL transfer fee back home. There's no way around that.

So the extra cost of shipping was a deal breaker. OK.
    Only for handguns. We can buy longarms in other States through an FFL in that State and take them home without issue. (with some restrictions).

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Only for handguns. We can buy longarms in other States through an FFL in that State and take them home without issue. (with some restrictions).
    Sorry, bad word choice in my response, as I was specifically referring to the OP's initial post (emphasis added):

How does purchasing a pistol while on vacation work legally? Do I need to do 2 transfers one there and one here? The state will be TN is that matters

The only reason I'd even think about it is that if you ran across something rare, unique or something special you "just had to have"... you'd be happy to pay the shipping and transfer fees. To go buy a new "whatever" that any dealer can order for you. No, it makes zero sense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast