Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    The only reason I'd even think about it is that if you ran across something rare, unique or something special you "just had to have"... you'd be happy to pay the shipping and transfer fees. To go buy a new "whatever" that any dealer can order for you. No, it makes zero sense.
    I can think of a number of reasons to do this.
    If you happen to be in Lexington, KY and drop by Buds.
    If you happen to be in Berryville, AR and drop by Wilson Combat; Nighthawk Custom; or Guncrafter
    If you happen to be in Gerogetown, TX and drop by STI
    I have a place in LA that I purchase items from all the time and have shipped. If I happened to be in Lafayette, I'd drop in and talk and probably leave with a receipt in hand and a pistol on its way to me.

Most of these places sell the guns cheaper than a LGS by a fair amount. So the shipping fee (like $20 for Buds) many times makes up more than the difference.
    In other instances, places like WC or NHC will have pistols that most LGS don't carry. So, you get to fondle some guns then pick the best out of the litter to have sent to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwade78 View Post
    I understand it's easy, but it's no longer a good deal for me with shipping and transfer fee. I hardly buy any firearms online because of this reason
    Go to Gunbroker or centerfire systems (and I'm sure others) and under buyer tools there's a "locate a FFL" by zip code. After my local guy retired I used that to find the current guy who is only about a mile further away. New guy is a retired guy who doesn't have a regular store and is by appointment only. See something I want, call him up with a heads up, tell them to ship it to him. Adds shipping and $25 to the cost of whatever the store has it priced at.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    New guy is a retired guy who doesn't have a regular store and is by appointment only. See something I want, call him up with a heads up, tell them to ship it to him. Adds shipping and $25 to the cost of whatever the store has it priced at.
    I'm not retired, but I don't have a regular store and all transactions are by appointment only (in the evenings and on weekends).

I only charge $19 for the first item and $9 for additional (same transaction), as well as up to 4 stripped lowers for a single $19 charge.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    I can think of a number of reasons to do this.
    If you happen to be in Lexington, KY and drop by Buds.
    If you happen to be in Berryville, AR and drop by Wilson Combat; Nighthawk Custom; or Guncrafter
    If you happen to be in Gerogetown, TX and drop by STI

Yes, this probably effects the bottom feeders at Buds where $20 is a make or break deal on a gun.

Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, STI??????? Pick out your gun, pay the nice man and have it shipped to your FFL, you don't GAFF about the $20 that your FFL is going to charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Yes, this probably effects the bottom feeders at Buds where $20 is a make or break deal on a gun.

Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, STI??????? Pick out your gun, pay the nice man and have it shipped to your FFL, you don't GAFF about the $20 that your FFL is going to charge.
    Perhaps you missed the little yellow bouncing ball on this one. You're going to pay the $20 regardless and all associated fees with having a FFL do the work- you don't get to take the gun home right then and there, it's going to be shipped back to your home state. My point is that it could be an impulse buy at Buds.
    As for the places that aren't plastic fantastic dealers, these aren't standard pistols (well, STI may be now). So if you're looking to buy one and pay that amount of money, you are more than likely going to want to fondle a few to see which you like more.
    Unless your FFL carries these high end pistols, which most don't, the only chance you're going to get is when you either make a trip to a place that does, or you happen to be on vacation in AR.
    It has absolutely nothing to do wit the $20- at that point it's not even a rounding error. You're going to pay that damn amount when you get it from your FFL anyway. In actuality, it's all about the test drive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123