Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Bloomberg Bumbles on Gun Background Checks

Bloomberg Misleads on Gun Background Checks During Fox News Town Hall

By Stephen Gutowski
    Washington Free Beacon
    March 2nd. 2020

Presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg incorrectly asserted Monday that background checks are not required to be performed on gun sales done at gun shows or over the internet.

At a Fox News town hall, Bloomberg falsely claimed gun stores are required to perform background checks on sales done at their physical premises but sales conducted elsewhere were exempt from background check requirements.

"You cannot buy a gun in a gun store where they won't do a background check. And all they do is look for those three categories—if you're a minor, if you have psychiatric problems, or if you have a criminal record," Bloomberg said. "The law does not apply to guns sold over the internet or in gun shows."

Federally licensed gun dealers are required by federal law to conduct background checks on gun sales, regardless of where they take place. Under federal law, non-licensed individuals are not required to conduct background checks on intrastate gun sales between one another.

There is no special exception in federal law for sales made at gun stores or over the internet. Some states require background checks on non-licensed sales as well, and gun-control advocates want a federal law requiring the same.

I am a Forum User
    Like most liberals, that guy is a DOPE.

MGO Member
    What's the old adage, spew a lie enough you can get stupid people to believe it is a truth.

I am a Forum User
    I don't understand the problem,just show the dramatic drop in gun violence in those states that have UBC's & it should be easy to pass.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Like most liberals, that guy is a DOPE.
    I disagree that he is a dope. He knows the truth, and is purposely misleading. He knows that half of Americans are sheep, who get their "facts" from the media.
    He knows that guns are important tools for safety, that's why he always has a cadre of men who carry them, around him at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by fatskater View Post
    What's the old adage, spew a lie enough you can get stupid people to believe it is a truth.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    I disagree that he is a dope. He knows the truth, and is purposely misleading. He knows that half of Americans are sheep, who get their "facts" from the media.
    He knows that guns are important tools for safety, that's why he always has a cadre of men who carry them, around him at all times.
    He's a ****ing dope if he thinks he can buy his way into the Presidency, given all the things he's said and done over the years, as well as all the ignorant **** he's said since he announced.