Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Michigan CPL No Longer Alternative to NICS Check

Just got an e-mail about this (I'm an FFL), apparently a CPL is no longer a valid alternative to a NICS check.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/op...03-20/download

Edit: Added link to open letter
    Last edited by castrotikon; 03-03-2020 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Adding link

I am a Forum User
    That changes the way business is done. The price of transfers just went up.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Not at Reliant Firearms and Transfers, LLC in Howell, Michigan ...

I am a Forum User
    Negative ghostrider.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    That would require reading the Legal Beagle section though

I wasn't charging more for a NICS check vs no NICS check so that won't change for me but I'd be curious if this will trickle down to private sales and require everyone, regardless of CPL status, to get a permit to purchase?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Negative ghostrider.
    I wouldn't expect it from you, but I've also bought from you.
    My guess is some guys will add a few bucks to the add'l time to run the check via phone if they don't set up to do the online version.
    If they set up to do the online version, who knows if they'll try to recoup that cost.

At the end of the day, it's another layer of bureaucratic BS from an alphabet agency that will have *ZERO* effect on the reduction of crime.

Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    I'd be curious if this will trickle down to private sales and require everyone, regardless of CPL status, to get a permit to purchase?
    It certainly is a convenient segue to all transfers, long and short going through an FFL and having a 4473 attached to it.

I am a Forum User
    I wouldn't expect it from you, but I've also bought from you.
    My guess is some guys will add a few bucks to the add'l time to run the check via phone if they don't set up to do the online version.
    If they set up to do the online version, who knows if they'll try to recoup that cost.

At the end of the day, it's another layer of bureaucratic BS from an alphabet agency that will have *ZERO* effect on the reduction of crime.
    Well thank you.

Agreed on the rest. I had a feeling this was coming. Still very annoyed with it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    That would require reading the Legal Beagle section though

I wasn't charging more for a NICS check vs no NICS check so that won't change for me but I'd be curious if this will trickle down to private sales and require everyone, regardless of CPL status, to get a permit to purchase?
    I certainly hope not. That would be a change to state law though. This is just the ATF doing whatever it feels like.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast