Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

NRA hunter silhouette

Posted this a while ago. Any one know where in Mich these matches are being held?

I am a Forum User
    I’m assuming you’re referring to Rifle silhouette, not pistol. You can find rimfire and hi-power matches/leagues in different places. Rimfire silhouette can be found at DSC in Shelby Township as weekly leagues. I believe we shoot on Tuesdays and Sundays starting in April? Hi-power silhouette can be found up at Dort and Alma.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlucas0311 View Post
    I’m assuming you’re referring to Rifle silhouette, not pistol. You can find rimfire and hi-power matches/leagues in different places. Rimfire silhouette can be found at DSC in Shelby Township as weekly leagues. I believe we shoot on Tuesdays and Sundays starting in April? Hi-power silhouette can be found up at Dort and Alma.
    IIRC non-league guys can shoot the course too for like $10?

MGO Member
    Thanks for the reply but I am talking pistol

I am a Forum User
    This is the only pistol silhouette I’m aware of in Michigan. Dorr May have it too, but I’ve only shot at Alma.

https://apgoodrichclub.webs.com/pistolsillouette.htm

Non members at DSC shoot for $20. But they can purchase an associate membership for like $30 which is good for the season and allows them to shoot for member rates.

Sparta Hunting and Fishing Club has informal rimfire pistol silhouette shoots on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month, temporarily suspended for the virus.

I am a Forum User
    NRA handgun wasn't as big a hit in MI as IHMSA. IHMSA shoots at Alma, Hastings (Barry cty) I believe South Kent to. Go to the IHMSA website and they list who still shoots in MI.

Welcome to IHMSA

https://www.ihmsa.org/index.html

What evolved from this match is IHMSA.

The IHMSA organization started in 1976 with the purpose of promoting handgun silhouette competition. The object of the competition is to knock down metallic silhouettes (chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams) at various ranges to a maximum of 200 meters. The sport has spread to many countries and matches are shot all over the USA. Many of the inovations you see in handgunning today came from the sport of Pistol Silhouettes and the International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Assoc.

Something for everyone!

Many different types of matches are shot and there is always one to suit any member of the family.

The matches vary according to handgun type ( Air Pistol to .22 to big bore) and shooting position (standing to free style). We pride ourselves in our diversity as IHMSA is open to men, women and children of all ages and physical abilities. If you are physically challenged and interested in shooting, we have a PC committee willing to meet your needs. Each shooter is classified based on skill level and only compete against those of the class.

Its Simple and exciting!

Hit a steel target and knock it over.

You will find silhouette shooters helpful and friendly and more than willing to go out of their way to assist you. The game is actually very simple and you probably already own a handgun that qualifies for competition. It will make you the absolute best pistol shot you can be!

Region 3 includes: Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Ontario-Canada

Region 3 Director:
    Brian Gildea
    region3@ihmsa.org

State Directors:

IN:
    MI:
    OH: Mark Basham, 614-799-0643, mbasham@columbus.rr.com
    PA: Allen Olsen, a-olsen@verizon.net
    Ontario: Peter Durrant, 905-876-1313, redbucket44@sympatico.ca

Match Information below

MI page 1.jpg

MI page 2.JPG
    Last edited by zcolt45; 05-12-2020 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Match INFO 2020
    NRA Certified Instructor & Pistol Coach (since 1982)
    Life Member - NRA, DAV, IHMSA, St Pete Police Pistol Club, USPSA/IPSC
    Veteran - Korea DMZ 62~63
    Think Fast - Shoot Fast - Live to see another Day.