Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    The Berrien County weight master has been armed for as long as they have had one, probably 25-30 years.
    We have two "weight masters" here in Lapeer. One is MSP (we still have a post in the county) and the other is LCSD. They are both actual LEOs with badges and everything.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    We have two "weight masters" here in Lapeer. One is MSP (we still have a post in the county) and the other is LCSD. They are both actual LEOs with badges and everything.

The past 2, for us, have been retired MSP. I can't speak about the current one.

I am a Forum User
    Aren't all law enforcement in Michigan required to pass mcoles traing?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOst View Post
    Aren't all law enforcement in Michigan required to pass mcoles traing?
    Ah, but this category of "worker" is not required to be a LEO.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Let em get a CPL like everyone else and pay the high fee(s). No more carve outs.

We have one of those weigh guys in this county. I dont know of anybody they have ever stopped. We have tankers hauling state of MI oil to tanks nearby. Those trucks have ruined the roads and usually are speeding esp now w/ frost laws on. I bet the weigh guy has never stopped one of those trucks. thed just tell em where to go.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    Let em get a CPL like everyone else and pay the high fee(s). No more carve outs.
    As I read the current language of the law, even if they have a CPL, they are statutorily prohibited from carrying while working.

Further, I don't think this bill would allow them to carry while working WITHOUT a CPL…there are no carveouts in the CPL laws for them.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post

We have one of those weigh guys in this county. I dont know of anybody they have ever stopped. We have tankers hauling state of MI oil to tanks nearby. Those trucks have ruined the roads and usually are speeding esp now w/ frost laws on. I bet the weigh guy has never stopped one of those trucks. thed just tell em where to go.
    The Gov, as one of her emergency orders has lifted the frost laws to aid in restoring goods to shelves and materials to medical facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    The Gov, as one of her emergency orders has lifted the frost laws to aid in restoring goods to shelves and materials to medical facilities.
    We're close enough to us-23 that you can tell when the heavy trucks go by. About 50% of them seem to be overweight.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12