Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

My first attempt on ZEVeving my glock .. if that is a verb to start with ...

So I always wondered How does it feel to own a ZEV Glcok, but could never understand the crazy price where it is still a Glock. So I looked into my current collection, and I picked a Glock 22 that I had the Slide once cerakoted in Burnt Bronze by an MGO member and proceed with a ZEVeving my Glock project..
    nothing crazy here, ghost 3.5 connector, extended mag release and extended slide release in burnt Bronze, aluminum flrared magwell, a flat aluminum trigger, and Dawson set of rear black and front fiber optics sights.

The highlight of the adventure was me using the dremel to cut two grooves under the trigger guard: 1) one by the grip to get a higher grip purchase for my strong hand middle finger, and 2) in the middle bottom of the trigger guard for my weak hand index finger.. I was really nervous, but it turned out OK..

The slide is not a ZEV slide, but for a mere $120 I converted what was a $300 glock to look, feel and shoot like A ZEV glock, minus the fancy shmancy cut slide..
    How do I feel, I love the flat trigger and the under cuts in the trigger guard.. I have no clue why Glock won't apply these features to their designs.. Call it Glock X5 or something..
    Sig has been incorporating after market design enhancements by Gray guns and the like in their Sigs and slap an X or legend next to it and sell it for couple $$ more..

At least this way, if Glock does it it will still be considered stock and could be shot in production and Stock Service pistols.. Now if I want to shoot this ZEVevized Glock it will be in ESP (Enhanced Service Pistol). not abig deal, but really it is not enhanced so much to compete with a CZ SP01 shadow for that matter.

All in all, it was very satisfying to work on the gun, specially the dremel part...

glock is missing the boat, they should be selling 3k factory guns if people buy them.

I would like to see if glock guys buying 3k guns shoot any better than the crowd that buys 3k 1911, or custom sigs or cz.

I have a theory that they do not, but nothing to base it on other than glock fanboism.

MGO Member
    Another friend of mine had the Zev trigger, connector and spring kit. It was awesome to shoot a would have been awesome for competition, but was too light for carry purposes.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Another friend of mine had the Zev trigger, connector and spring kit. It was awesome to shoot a would have been awesome for competition, but was too light for carry purposes.
    The law reads "imminent" are you really concerned about pulling the trigger too early when imminent death, forcible rape, or dismemberment is the threat? I've never understood this... we won't be holding anyone at gun point... stop the threat. Leave the threat. Wait for the police in a safe place.

Quote Originally Posted by I1I1I11II View Post
    The law reads "imminent" are you really concerned about pulling the trigger too early when imminent death, forcible rape, or dismemberment is the threat? I've never understood this... we won't be holding anyone at gun point... stop the threat. Leave the threat. Wait for the police in a safe place.
    Wouldn't want to be in court with a "more deadly" weapon now would we? lol!! I mean, that is the soul purpose of a gun, to shoot!! I personally carry guns with the least amounts of factory installed safeties on them to fail when I need them not to fail, same with holsters... I've seen grip safeties fail, mag safeties fail, dislike drop safeties, hate manual safeties, SERPA? lol....
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by I1I1I11II View Post
    I tend to agree with Hendo on the trigger principle.. it is a personal prefrence.