Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

After three hours of absorption...

3 in 1 oil - sticker peeled, but it left residue and took some effort to peel

Boiled Linseed Oil - barely peeled. Lots of effort. It's not a good choice

Purell - it dried up and had no effect on the sticker.

Peanut Butter - reminded me of the Purell. Had extremely little effect. Label did not come off.

WD-40 - The sticker peeled off effortlessly! AMAZING!

Goo Gone - Another AMAZING peel off. No effort required.

after 3in1.jpg
    afterpb.jpg
    after wd.jpg
    after goo.jpg
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post

Peanut Butter - reminded me of the Purell. Had extremely little effect. Label did not come off.

after 3in1.jpg
    afterpb.jpg
    after wd.jpg
    after goo.jpg
    I like that it confirms what I said, wd40 awesome, Peanut butter almost nothing.

MGO Member
    If they are milspec ammo cans are they not CARC paint? If so I highly doubt the list of solvents on here will hurt the paint.

I leave the labels on and if what is in the can doesn't correspond with the label I write on the label what is in the can. Fortunately, all my cans with labels will keep the original contents in them.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I like that it confirms what I said, wd40 awesome, Peanut butter almost nothing.
    Boo... fake news. And George Washington Carver is not a fan of yours anymore.
    Thanks for putting together the experiment. Guess WD 40 has other uses than creating a 8 foot flame from the red straw.
    Oddly, I've had great results with peanut butter and stickers. I usually just put it on before going to bed and it all wiped off in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Boo... fake news. And George Washington Carver is not a fan of yours anymore.
    Thanks for putting together the experiment. Guess WD 40 has other uses than creating a 8 foot flame from the red straw.
    Oddly, I've had great results with peanut butter and stickers. I usually just put it on before going to bed and it all wiped off in the morning.
    its good with peanut butter in a shake, reeses, sanders peanut butter block etc. Not a huge fan of it on its own. GW was the man. Much respect.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Sounds like too much work and mess. Maybe I'll sell them and buy new plastic ones, the handles are more comfortable on them as well.

You can get metal ones with out stickers. Mine do not have stickers they have yellow paint, or some are plain.

I like the metal ones, the idea of lugging them around full to the bring for 20-40 years, I see the steel ones as a one time purchase.

I do have about 6-8 plastic ones to lug to range, I like the one shaped as shot gun shell box shap, wide and low. But I have 30 something steel surplus from 90s gun shows, dunhams, classic arms internet bulk order and various garage sales etc.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post

after 3in1.jpg
    afterpb.jpg
    after wd.jpg
    after goo.jpg

How did the heat gun work?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    How did the heat gun work?
    That's a job for tomorrow.

Can you believe that I emptied all the ammo out of these boxes?! The heat and the water.... ok, but just to slime the side with a pittle PB or WD.... what was I thinking?!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Most of the adhesive removers and wd-40 you probably didn't need to let soak. Just spray an edge then as you peel keep applying more remover. Letting them soak probably made it easier.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast