Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    MOC had been looking into this and they handed it off to GOA.

My personal thoughts are the ATF hates not having 100% control, so they are looking at anyway they can to deny states waivers to the NICS check.
    If it were a control thing, not saying it isn't, but it's interesting that the FBI owns NICS and not the ATF.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    No matter what the position of MGO, 3 different FFL's have explained to me that in MI if you have PPO in force against you, the state does not automatically suspend or confiscate your CPL card - hence you can use it to buy a gun without a NICS check that would show(supposedly) you are legally not allowed to buy. While you are illegally buying a firearm, the FFL has no way so knowing that without a NICS check. Additionally I can understand how some folks would see a CPL doesn't get verified when you buy a firearm so it could be suspended, etc.. and the FFL can't know that, so they need to run a NICS check to verify you can buy each and every time(IE Dunham's).

That seems to make sense to me, though I don't like it, but I would love someone to explain to me if that is wrong.
    That's a good explanation. Thanks!

Didn't the ATF say something about marijuana too?

How does that come into play?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    If it were a control thing, not saying it isn't, but it's interesting that the FBI owns NICS and not the ATF.
    FBI may own NICS, but ATF controls waivers to it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    FBI may own NICS, but ATF controls waivers to it.
    Indeed they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    That's a good explanation. Thanks!

Didn't the ATF say something about marijuana too?

How does that come into play?
    that's been covered on Marijuana before on MGO -- if you have a marijuana card and use, then you can't buy a gun as it's still a federal crime. To answer untruthfully on a 4473, is a felony I believe. Therefore since you still fill out a 4473 on even with a CPL, I don't see how that changes the facts for ATF ...

Just because the state makes it legal doesn't make it not a federal crime.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Well, that took longer than I expected ...
    I hope no one was waiting for the NRA to jump in, and do something.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12