Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Springfield 911 9mm

Picked this up from Palmetto with night sights.

It has G10 grips that are very aggressive, but help to gold onto it. Contrary to a LOT of the reviews I read, I can not get all my fingers on the grip, even with the extended magazine.

The first magazine or two I was shooting a good 6" low with it, but grouping decent. The trigger is nice, however for the first few mags, the reset required removing your finger from the trigger completely. After a few mags an some extra oil, it functioned just fine with a quick reset. After 5 or 6 mags worth, my shots were hitting where I was aiming, not sure why they were low to start with.

So far it seems to be a good pocket sized 9mm.

A couple pics for size reference to a full size 1911, and a close up of the grip texture, as well as a comparison to a 9mm Shield.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blue XJ; 03-17-2023 at 09:49 AM.

any comparison to the sig 938 ?

I have not shot the springfielf but on the gun.deals the SA is hundreds less than the sigs.

Also do you know if the dimensions are close enough that any sig holster would work ?

MGO Member
    I do not have a 938 and haven't shot one. I think they are the same size, I know their magazines interchange with each other. The reviews I read/watched, said the Springfield has a nicer trigger, but that was about the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    I do not have a 938 and haven't shot one. I think they are the same size, I know their magazines interchange with each other. The reviews I read/watched, said the Springfield has a nicer trigger, but that was about the only difference.
    Bigger safety on SA, bigger trigger guard as well, I have not shot the SA, only the sig.

Both seem nice, I want both, people keep saying not to do it manual of arms to different from my p225 p228 SA xd45. I still want them, might be bad and grab one.

Also the sights appear better on the SA, loaded chamber indicator, and g10 trigger. Seems to be a good bit cheaper over 100 bucks cheaper as well.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you for the review, I’m on the fence about swapping my p365, for a 911.