Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Cabela's "Hazardous Materials" shipping fee

Since when has Cabela's been charging a hazardous materials fee of $20 on shipping most ammo? It isn't on .22 but I checked 9mm and .223 and I guess that I won't buy any from them. I need no .22.

MGO Member
    I've never seen it on ammo, but I don't usually buy it from them, as I can almost always find it cheaper elsewhere.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    You might call their help line. I just bought a number of 223, 9mm & 45 about an hour ago as they have a 10% discount (today) for club members so with the 10% discount, my military discount, & my acquired points I got a darn good deal. NO HazMat fees charged on ammo or bullets.

Did you have any powder or primers included in your order? That will definitely drive a HazMat charge.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot77 View Post
    You might call their help line. I just bought a number of 223, 9mm & 45 about an hour ago as they have a 10% discount (today) for club members so with the 10% discount, my military discount, & my acquired points I got a darn good deal. NO HazMat fees charged on ammo or bullets.

Did you have any powder or primers included in your order? That will definitely drive a HazMat charge.
    Thanks for the info. I tried it with only the ammo and the fee was still there. I tried it on 223, 9 mm, and .38. All had added fee. I'd call but they pissed me off.
    Last edited by kryl; 03-16-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    I've never seen it on ammo, but I don't usually buy it from them, as I can almost always find it cheaper elsewhere.
    Lately it has been the case but they had green tip for what seemed to be a good price until they added the extra $20.

I see that targetsportsusa raised the price on AE .223 by 16%. They're looking for an ammo panic. I am not having one. I can wait.

GunDeals is giving scare tactics ads. Nice try, I think that I will unsubscribe.
    Last edited by kryl; 03-16-2020 at 03:38 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kryl View Post
    Lately it has been the case but they had green tip for what seemed to be a good price until they added the extra $20.

I see that targetsportsusa raised the price on AE .223 by 16%. They're looking for an ammo panic. I am not having one. I can wait.

GunDeals is giving scare tactics ads. Nice try, I think that I will unsubscribe.
    If you still want that ammo then give Cabelas a call (1-800-237-4444, they will probably work it out for you as there must be some sort of glitch in the way their system enters the ammo that you chose as I see no signs of any HazMat fees being charged on ammo at Cabelas.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot77 View Post
    If you still want that ammo then give Cabelas a call (1-800-237-4444, they will probably work it out for you as there must be some sort of glitch in the way their system enters the ammo that you chose as I see no signs of any HazMat fees being charged on ammo at Cabelas.
    Thanks, I might do that, or I might wait until the price drops again.

I am a Forum User
    I ordered some 9mm a couple days ago, they didn't charge a fee and it was free shipping too.

I am a Forum User
    I just ordered 2 winchester 5.56 range pack boxes of 150 rds/box and got free shipping. After tax it was $116.58.