Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    USA Today: Breitbart Correct, New Orleans Mayor Issued Order Allowing Gun Ban

On March 21, 2020, USA Today fact checked Breitbart News’s report that New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell (D) issued a coronavirus emergency order giving herself the power to ban the sale and transportation of firearms in the city.

The result of their fact check was that the Breitbart News report is true.

On March 16, 2020, Breitbart News reported that Mayor Cantrell had issued her order in two parts, over the course of less than a week. The end result was Cantrell claiming power to ban the sale and transportation of firearms and “suspend or limit the sale, dispensing, or transportation, of alcoholic beverages,” among other things.

USA Today reported that Breitbart had a “March 16…article claiming the executive order issued by New Orleans Mayor Latoya Cantrell in response to the coronavirus allows the city to ban the transportation and sale of firearms.” They noted that some secondary outlets on Facebook grabbed Breitbart’s article and ran with it, resulting in “exaggerated versions of the claim circulated on the platform.”

However, USA Today found that Breitbart’s claim about Mayor Cantrell’s order is true, “New Orleans now has the power to suspend the sale and transportation of firearms.”

USA Today “contacted Cantrell’s office with multiple requests to comment but did not receive a response.”

MGO Board of Directors

As much as I hate to disagree with the venerable USA TODAY..
    "What mayor Cantrell did was to follow the law, nothing less, nothing more."

Did you read the article in the link I posted?
    If you are just mincing words, then it is still wrong.
    She issued a "proclamation," not an "order."
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    As much as I hate to disagree with the venerable USA TODAY..
    "What mayor Cantrell did was to follow the law, nothing less, nothing more."

Did you read the article in the link I posted?
    If you are just mincing words, then it is still wrong.
    She issued a "proclamation," not an "order."
    will the police enforce the proclamation, beat and rob old ladies, shoot innocent victims, and then pretend that they didn't do any of it again?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Well it is well documented how this went last time, and freedom, and rights weren't mentioned much.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Well it is well documented how this went last time, and freedom, and rights weren't mentioned much.
    I don't want to sound like a bad person... but when governor/mayor/cop violates the constitution they've sworn an oath to uphold, they stop being law and cross into the territory of gangs, which is why execution is a penalty for deprivation of civil rights under color of law.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123