Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident1526 View Post
    The link has been updated. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing!

Boating and kayaking are allowed under Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order, officials with the governor's office said Friday, overruling a state police lieutenant's earlier statement that launching watercraft was barred under the governor's edict.

I am a Forum User
    i havent been fishing in years...

what does everyone use for gear? ive got my dad's old rods and reels (i mean REALLY OLD. steel rods about 4-1/2' long with bait casting reels wound with black woven line!) and a beat up spinning rod with an open face spinning rod. no idea how old the plastic line on it is, 40yrs maybe? (so NEWER than the stuff on my dad's reels)

MGO Member
    It's not on fire yet, but they are in. Going again Wednesday calling for 66

As far as gear better rods do make a difference, but not needed. 3/4oz or 1oz depending on current you could go 5/8 oz or 1/2 oz. I bang the bottom usually with 3/4 oz in the D. I have a med heavy 5"9" rod with fast tip. I can feel the slightest tap, hook set is strong and fast. Some rods with more bend, I will miss some strikes. I use hi vis 8lb braid, which is like 2lb or less mono, it cuts through the current better.

I'll report back Wednesday. I've been lower river, friends say mid and upper are better then what I've been seeing lower. Warmer weather is going to help

MGO Member
    Launched 9am out of lemp. Wow alot of trailers in the lot. Anyways hunted for a while ended up 5 for 6 all lower river, no minnows on all different colors. Next trip is later on this weekend

Right lines

MGO Board of Directors

Thanks!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    No fishing from a motor boat till may 1st

This sucks ��

MGO Board of Directors

Yeah, but just think of all those silver bass you'll be catchin!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    Omg bite your tongue....lol, my son loves that time of the year.....if he doesn't catch 100 in a day he's mad, walleyes are still in the river till 2nd week of May then back out to the lake, I can troll all summer long. I just really enjoy the jig bite, I was following the rules and fishing by myself last few trips out...

Anyway stay safe all and ill report back may 1st hopefully

Tight lines

MGO Member
    MOTORBOATING IS BACK ON!

I'll be out bright and early

I'll report back if your heading out, good luck and have fun

MGO Member
    Went 9 for 11 all below free Bridge

Firetiger with root beer taill did the ticket, kept my limit lunched lemp at 12 off by 3 alot of boats out

Tight lines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast