Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Exclamation Not Issuing Purchase Permits

A buddy wanted to buy a pistol and Muskegon Sheriff's Office announced they're not issuing purchase permits. This can't be legal?

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Other threads on the topics here already with info for you. Basics if they’re closed to the public due to the pandemic you’re SOL-it’s not just that they aren’t issuing permits-they aren’t doing anything including permits. It would only be an issue if they were open for regular business and service and were only refusing to issue the permits but doing everything else.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Other threads on the topics here already with info for you. Basics if they’re closed to the public due to the pandemic you’re SOL-it’s not just that they aren’t issuing permits-they aren’t doing anything including permits. It would only be an issue if they were open for regular business and service and were only refusing to issue the permits but doing everything else.
    And by the plain language of today's order, that is a state or municipal department that has been ordered to limit nonessential contact with the public. So, without saying as much, The Gretch has limited sales of handguns for the immediate future.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    I searched purchase permits and nothing recent came up, where did you find more recent threads on the topic?

MGO Member
    and there not coming when you call

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Incorrect
    It is an issue the minute they tell you that you need permission. It's a bigger issue that you can only get permission on THEIR time. It's a huge issue that they say you need permission and then don't give it at all.

A right delayed is a right denied, and right now a LOT of people are having their rights denied in many states/cities.
    For a right that "shall not be infringed" our betters sure are infringing the crap out of it, for our safety.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Incorrect
    It is an issue the minute they tell you that you need permission. It's a bigger issue that you can only get permission on THEIR time. It's a huge issue that they say you need permission and then don't give it at all.

A right delayed is a right denied, and right now a LOT of people are having their rights denied in many states/cities.
    For a right that "shall not be infringed" our betters sure are infringing the crap out of it, for our safety.
    I wasn’t coming at it from that angle-but I see you’re point. Yes, it’s an issue overall not to be able to get the permit they required you to have in the first place.

I’ll ask this though-where do you think it’ll go when you try to make them change it now? It would be hard (challenging, costly and a drain on yourself and whatever legal council you employed in the task) to do so under normal circumstances, but in the midst of this pandemic situation, how exactly do you propose to effect a change in their actions in a useful timeframe?
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I wasn’t coming at it from that angle-but I see you’re point. Yes, it’s an issue overall not to be able to get the permit they required you to have in the first place.

I’ll ask this though-where do you think it’ll go when you try to make them change it now? It would be hard (challenging, costly and a drain on yourself and whatever legal council you employed in the task) to do so under normal circumstances, but in the midst of this pandemic situation, how exactly do you propose to effect a change in their actions in a useful timeframe?
    Honestly?
    I would sleep just fine if gun stores stayed open and shot whomever tried to stop them, a la rooftop koreans.
    I wouldn't ask somebody to do that, but i'd probably chip in a little money for the legal defense of somebody who volunteered.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

This should be the example of why firearm registration is bad ( besides the fact it goes against the constitution ).
    It should be enough to get rid of it...in a sane world!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    This should be the example of why firearm registration is bad ( besides the fact it goes against the constitution ).
    It should be enough to get rid of it...in a sane world!
    Absolutely agree.

Registration (or whatever you want to call it) is nothing but an infringement and impedes lawful owners. Criminals could care less about it.

The government uses crisis to gain power and flex what it already has. Time to start ignoring those laws you feel are an infringement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast