Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    This should be the example of why firearm registration is bad ( besides the fact it goes against the constitution ).
    It should be enough to get rid of it...in a sane world!
    Precisely the problem though, the world and a lot of people in it aren’t sane.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Honestly?
    I would sleep just fine if gun stores stayed open and shot whomever tried to stop them, a la rooftop koreans.
    I wouldn't ask somebody to do that, but i'd probably chip in a little money for the legal defense of somebody who volunteered.
    Agree, and I’m waving my money at them as well.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Honestly?
    I would sleep just fine if gun stores stayed open and shot whomever tried to stop them, a la rooftop koreans.
    I wouldn't ask somebody to do that, but i'd probably chip in a little money for the legal defense of somebody who volunteered.
    What Michigan FFL is going to sell someone a (non-cpl holder) a firearm without a Permit to Purchase even if the govt let them stay open?
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    What Michigan FFL is going to sell someone a (non-cpl holder) a firearm without a Permit to Purchase even if the govt let them stay open?
    You don't need an LTP for a purchase a pistol from an FFL, and at this point the FFL won't accept a CPL.

The FFL proceeds with the transaction as normal and gives the purchaser an RI-060. That satisfies the legal requirements of 28.422a

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Get a CPL! This way you dont have the issue again.

MGO Member
    right delayed is a right denied, and right now a LOT of people are having their rights denied in many states/cities.
    For a right that "shall not be infringed" our betters sure are infringing the crap out of it, for our safety.

Copied from above--

Some wont worry. They will just order on-line, you can do that in a pandemic, cant you. Weve heard it on the news for so long it must be true.

This situation certainly sux, but if you know your buddy is not a prohibited person then maybe sell or loan him a long gun until our rights are less impeded?
    NRA Life Member + RSO
    OCSC Member (full)
    HGC Member (associate)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowtimeXX View Post
    Get your CPL, then get a non-resident CPL from another state and you won't have to submit another RI-60. Unfortunately you can't do that right now.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post

If you're buying from an FFL, you don't need a LTP. We run NICS and that satisfies the requirement.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowtimeXX View Post
    MI CPL is no longer a Brady exemption. Everybody gets run through NICS now, even MI CPL holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post

If you're buying from an FFL, you don't need a LTP. We run NICS and that satisfies the requirement.
    This thread was freaking me out thinking this wasn't the case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast